3 people are interested
Fish Committee Director
ORGANIZATION: HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Earth is home to more than 30,000 known species of fish, which is more than all other species of
vertebrate combined. Fish are diverse and sentient beings, yet are the most misrepresented and
misperceived animals. As a volunteer Director of HAP’s Fish Committee, you can make a difference by
advocating and strategizing on behalf of these fascinating creatures that cannot advocate for
Purpose of the Position
● Educate the public on the plight of fish
● Promote HAP’s Fish Committee through education and engagement of new, existing, and
potential HAP members
● Help HAP achieve our goal of building the Model Humane City
Duties and Responsibilities
● Lead the planning and implementation of all Fish Committee projects.
● Cultivate relationships with organizations to advance mission of the Fish Committee and HAP.
● Build and maintain team members on the committee.
● Organize and attend meetings with the committee. This includes designing an agenda.
● Respond to HAP leadership emails and calls within 48 hours.
● Be prepared and on-time for meetings and events.
● Share and support HAP’s mission and core values; adhere to HAP’s policies.
● Other duties as needed.
Training on HAP’s values and policies.
Skills and Qualifications
● Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
● Passion for and knowledge of animal welfare issues, specifically fish.
● An outgoing personality and eagerness to meet new people.
● Ability to follow instructions and meeting deadlines.
● Strong leadership skills.
● Creative and an ability to "think outside the box" a plus.
● Ability to present yourself in a friendly, professional, and non-partisan manner.
● Ability to work independently, lead a team, and meet deadlines.
● Working knowledge of Google Drive and Trello, or a willingness to learn.
Location varies; typically within the City of Pittsburgh. While much of the work can be done remotely, a
candidate in the Pittsburgh area is strongly preferred.
Professional dress required for meetings. If attending an informal event, volunteer must purchase HAP
or NPP T-shirt at cost.
Benefits to the Volunteer
● Put your skills to work helping further animal protection issues!
● Know you are making a difference in reducing the suffering of fish, improving the health of the
general public, and saving the environment for future generations.
● Opportunity to meet new people and network with community members and volunteers.
● Be a valued HAP team member.
● Build your resume.
What Volunteers Can Expect from HAP
● Support of HAP leadership and members.
● Respect and appreciation for your contribution and input.
About HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
1307 TOWNE CT, ALLISON PARK, PA 15101, US
OUR VISION is a world without animal suffering where all beings are treated with compassion. OUR MISSION is to advance the protection of all animals by empowering people to affect change through education, policy, and community action.
SET THE STANDARD By educating the community on the most pressing animal issues of our time and recommending common sense solutions that decision-makers rely on, we set the standard in animal protection. We advance our cause with proven methods -progress over perfection, changing course when needed, being prepared, and staying well connected.
BUILD TRUSTED RELATIONSHIPS Effective advocacy happens by building relationships grounded in cooperation and a shared vision. HAP values inclusivity and professionalism.
FOSTER EMPOWERMENT We set high expectations and achieve them by working with exceptional people who bring their wide array of talents and passion for animal well-being. In order to develop a free and creative culture, we respect the opinions and ideas of others. We are committed to our team and fulfilling our mission by supplying the tools for individuals to become remarkable leaders and advocates.
CREATE COMMUNITY We are stronger together. Collaborating with colleagues, sponsors, legislators, and community leaders, we find that animal protection is well within reach.
DELIVER RESULTS We establish ambitious, clearly defined goals, and work in a systematic manner to realize our objectives and create positive outcomes. We measure our success by our ability to protect animals.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 16, 2022
- 3 - 4 hours per week