11 people are interested
Internship-Fundraising, Marketing & Communications
11 people are interested
Internship - Development Assistant
The Alzheimer’s Association provides a variety of education, information, support services, and advocacy to persons with dementia, their families, healthcare professionals and the community. As the number of persons affected by Alzheimer’s disease escalates, there is an increased demand for programs and services.
With this demand, the Alzheimer’s Association also requires more funding to provide these needed services. This intern position is needed to assist the Tennessee Development Staff manage fundraising events, meetings, research, marketing & communications that will benefit the fundraising staff in their efforts to raise critical funds.
During regular business hours of 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; Flexible Schedule with a minimum of 10-15 hours per week.
This Internship is unpaid and reports to the Development Director or Development Managers
Length of Commitment: 4-5 months/flexible
Spring Semester (January-April)
Summer Semester (May-August)
Fall Semester (September - December)
Essential Job Functions:
Job functions will vary based on semester and the timeline/tasks associated with that timeframe.
- Be knowledgeable about mission of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Assist in outreach to donors, businesses, sponsors, and volunteers
- Assist with mailings and package assembly
- Tackle area strategies through online research
- Prepare reports, committee meeting agendas, PowerPoint presentations
- Market research, donor journey mapping, plan/strategy building
- Other duties as assigned
- Students who apply must currently be enrolled as a full-time student at a college or university.
- Preferred majors: Communications, Marketing, Nonprofit Management.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, as well as, with Association staff
- Proficient in Google Drive, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and social media platforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to details, as well as excellent problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Application Instructions: Please send email of interest and resume directly to email@example.com.
About Alzheimer's Association Tennessee Chapter
478 Craighead Street, Suite 200, Nashville, TN 37204, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association Tennessee Chapter has offices in these cities; Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Kingsport and Memphis. We have a team of volunteers across the state leading the way in program delivery, fundraising and advocacy.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 24, 2021
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 15-20 hours per week