HR Generalist Volunteer (Remote)
African Development Choices
About the role
We now have an exciting opportunity for a volunteer HR Generalist to join ADC.
Reporting to the HR Generalist team lead, you will get involved with all aspects of HR. You will be the first point of contact for HR (especially ER) queries.
- Develop and implement HR policies, agreements, systems, and processes
- Update and maintain volunteer records and volunteer handbook
- Develop and implement engagement and retention plans
- Conduct exit interviews to identify opportunities for improvement - engagement, career development, organisation culture
- Gather feedback from new joiners on their recruitment experience to identify opportunities for improvement - job descriptions, interviews, induction, and onboarding process
- The first point of contact for Team Leads and Line Managers on ER matters, providing advice and solutions in line with ADC’s P&P: disciplinaries, grievances, absences, performance management, etc.
- Knowledge of HR processes and systems and HR best practises
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with ER issues to conclusion
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Available to volunteer at least 7 hours a week
What we offer you:
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- An opportunity to build your work experience within the field of HR
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is changing lives in Africa
- An opportunity to build your professional network by working with a diverse team
- We will provide work reference for you
We look forward to receiving your application
ADC Recruitment Team
Important message: Thank you for your interest in volunteering with ADC. We request all the applicants to forward your CV to Recruitment@africandevelopmentchoices.org with your full name and the position you are interested in. If you do not hear back from us within 3 weeks, the role may have been filled.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
To prevent or relieve poverty in rural Africa by empowering communities and leaders to better manage public resources so that they can invest in expansion of access to essential public services and meet their local needs independently. We achieve this using our innovative Three-Step Approach.
African Development Choices is a UK-based social enterprise, founded in 2018 by Kenyan-born Moses Tai. Our vision is of a world in which everyone has access to the essential services necessary to fight poverty.
It is our mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources. This will enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation.