6 people are interested
Social Media Manager
ORGANIZATION: HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Position Overview -
Coordinate and create content for all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and more.
Purpose of the Position -
1. Increase visibility and impact of HAP by leveraging social media channels
2. Engage with HAP members and members of the public to address our campaigns and issues
Duties and Responsibilities -
1. Work with leadership to decide social media initiatives and strategies for HAP
2. Grow participation and impact with the public
3. Coordinate consistent messaging via social media channels
4. Draft and schedule posts in a timely manner
5. Respond to HAP leadership emails and calls within 48 hours
6. Be prepared and on-time for meetings
7. Share and support HAP's mission and core values; adhere to HAP's policies
8. Other duties as needed
Skills and Qualifications -
1. Excellent written communication skills
2. Passion and knowledge on animal welfare issues
3. Working knowledge of digital communication tools, including email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
5. Ability to present yourself in a friendly, professional, and nonpartisan manner
6. Ability to work independently, follow instructions, and meet deadlines
Benefits to the Volunteer -
1. Grow leadership skills
2. Develop communication skills
3. Cultivate your passion for animal and environmental protection and put it into action
4. Create real impact on animal welfare issues
5. Be a valued HAP team member
6. Build your volunteer resume
What Volunteers Can Expect from HAP -
1. Support of HAP leadership and members
2. Respect and appreciation for your contribution and input
About HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
1307 TOWNE CT, ALLISON PARK, PA 15101, US
OUR VISION is a world without animal suffering where all beings are treated with compassion. OUR MISSION is to advance the protection of all animals by empowering people to affect change through education, policy, and community action.
SET THE STANDARD By educating the community on the most pressing animal issues of our time and recommending common sense solutions that decision-makers rely on, we set the standard in animal protection. We advance our cause with proven methods -progress over perfection, changing course when needed, being prepared, and staying well connected.
BUILD TRUSTED RELATIONSHIPS Effective advocacy happens by building relationships grounded in cooperation and a shared vision. HAP values inclusivity and professionalism.
FOSTER EMPOWERMENT We set high expectations and achieve them by working with exceptional people who bring their wide array of talents and passion for animal well-being. In order to develop a free and creative culture, we respect the opinions and ideas of others. We are committed to our team and fulfilling our mission by supplying the tools for individuals to become remarkable leaders and advocates.
CREATE COMMUNITY We are stronger together. Collaborating with colleagues, sponsors, legislators, and community leaders, we find that animal protection is well within reach.
DELIVER RESULTS We establish ambitious, clearly defined goals, and work in a systematic manner to realize our objectives and create positive outcomes. We measure our success by our ability to protect animals.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 4, 2022
- 5 - 6 hours per week: Please note, this estimates 2 evening hours of campaign/org meetings and an additional 3 - 4 hrs of working on the accounts