THE KNOWLEDGE HOUSE
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Background: Technology is changing rapidly, and we are committed to ensuring that our students are learning the most relevant and up-to-date skills required by employers.
As a tutor, you will engage with current students and alumni and assist them with assignments, projects, and career development.
Opportunity: Students schedule sessions with volunteers to discuss professional development or technical projects. This may include technical skill review, assignment review, informational interview, or portfolio review.
Additional Info: The Knowledge House will provide class curriculums and additional documents as needed to effectively assist students.
About THE KNOWLEDGE HOUSE
363 Rider Avenue, 3rd Floor, BRONX, NY 10451, US
Our mission is to empower and sustain a talent pipeline of technologists, entrepreneurs, and digital leaders who will uplift their communities out of poverty.
Our three-pronged approach consists of
- Developing young talent through our core program, the Innovation Fellowship, where 16-24-year-olds prepare for the 21st-century workforce through project-based learning and completing an apprenticeship at a local technology company.
- Mobilizing local professionals and entrepreneurs of color to raise digital awareness in their communities.
- Partnering with community-based organizations, education providers, and tech businesses to form a local eco-system leading community innovation and economic development.
At The Knowledge House, we teach:
- Web development
- Web design
- Cross-platform app development
- UX research/UI design
- Basic graphic design skills
- Entrepreneurship skills
- Professional communication
Some of the programming languages we teach include: