Innovation Fellowship Guest Speaker
THE KNOWLEDGE HOUSE
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Background: The Innovation Fellowship is designed to promote technology-based career opportunities for NYC residents in the areas of web development, data science, and design. The fellowships will serve New Yorkers from diverse backgrounds, some with little to no formal post-secondary education or tech experience, and turn them into entry-level programmers.
Opportunity: As a guest speaker you will talk to students for 30-45 minutes about:
- Your career trajectory
- Important skills and insights needed to succeed in the tech industry
- Your current role and responsibilities
Additional Info: TKH will provide class curriculums and additional documents as needed to effectively assist students.
About THE KNOWLEDGE HOUSE
363 Rider Avenue, 3rd Floor, BRONX, NY 10451, US
Our mission is to empower and sustain a talent pipeline of technologists, entrepreneurs, and digital leaders who will uplift their communities out of poverty.
Our three-pronged approach consists of
- Developing young talent through our core program, the Innovation Fellowship, where 16-24-year-olds prepare for the 21st-century workforce through project-based learning and completing an apprenticeship at a local technology company.
- Mobilizing local professionals and entrepreneurs of color to raise digital awareness in their communities.
- Partnering with community-based organizations, education providers, and tech businesses to form a local eco-system leading community innovation and economic development.
At The Knowledge House, we teach:
- Web development
- Web design
- Cross-platform app development
- UX research/UI design
- Basic graphic design skills
- Entrepreneurship skills
- Professional communication
Some of the programming languages we teach include: