14 people are interested
Stoughton Remote Literacy Volunteer Tutors Wanted in Norfolk County
ORGANIZATION: NORFOLK COUNTY RSVP
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
Norfolk County RSVP is seeking Norfolk County, MA residents, age 55 + to be remote tutors. Please contact us if you are interested and meet the qualifications below. Next remote orientation is scheduled for Tuesday, January 11, 2022 @ 10-11:30 AM.
Tutoring is a wonderful opportunity to make a real and lasting difference in someone’s life and to change your own life in unexpected ways.
LVM tutors are dedicated, patient, flexible and encouraging volunteers who create a positive learning environment where adults can thrive and learn without embarrassment.
Volunteers attend a 1.5 -hour online orientation and an 12-hour online training before being matched to tutor for 1-2 hours per week for 9 to 12 months. LVM’s professional staff provides ongoing support and sponsors activities to help both the student and tutor succeed and achieve the student’s goals.
Volunteers must be over age 18, have a high school diploma or its equivalent and be able to speak English clearly.
Devices and platforms:
All tutoring and training is done virtually. Volunteers are expected to use a device that can operate Zoom, email and a browser such as Chrome. In addition, a cell phone is needed to text and call the student.
Steps to Becoming a Tutor:
1. Attend an online Orientation
2. Attend an online Training which spans 6, 2 hour sessions on Zoom. The upcoming Training schedule will be detailed in the Orientation.
3. Matched with a Student - Upon successful completion of the training, the tutor will be matched with a student based on the tutor's preferences.
4. Tutor - The tutor will be expected to contact the student and set up regularly scheduled online sessions.
5. Reporting - Once a month the tutor will report, by email, the number of hours spent tutoring.
6. Participation in the Literacy Volunteers of Massachusetts Community - As part of the LVM community the tutor will receive regular emails, and invitations to online events and office hours. These activities are optional. The tutor chooses whether or not to participate.
About NORFOLK COUNTY RSVP
PO Box 310, 614 High St, Dedham, MA 02027, US
Norfolk County RSVP Volunteer Program is dedicated to meeting community needs by connecting volunteers age 55+ with opportunities that meet their skills and areas of interest. We believe that we are all called to serve one another through the use of our unique gifts and passions.
Make a difference in Norfolk County by connecting your passions with community needs!
Norfolk County RSVP has volunteer opportunities for people aged 55 & over in 28 cities and towns at over 50 volunteer sites. Volunteer opportunities include mentoring pre-release inmates, tutoring elementary school children, drivers for Veterans, meals on wheels and food pantires, friendly visiting, non-profit support services and many more! N.C. RSVP will find the volunteer opportunity that best fits your interests & schedule and impacts the needs that are most critical to our county's communities. N.C. RSVP provides mileage reimbursement, accident & liability insurance, an invitation to our annual recognition event, monthly newsletters, orientation & training.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 30, 2022
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55