Winter Blast Outdoor Clean-up Party
Urban Development Corporation
Urban Development Corporation (UDC) is a nonprofit organization trying to bring, stabilization, revitalization, and sustainability to a 9-block area on the N.E. Side of Detroit plagued with blight.
Currently, we have a family that could utilize some help with the clean-up of the landscape of their yard inclusive of the alleyway. Tasks include: raking and bagging of leaves, cutting down vegetation vines, and removal of debris.
This is a great volunteer opportunity for those who truly enjoy the serenity of the outdoors of winter and willing to lend a helping hand to a family in need. We are asking individuals, churches, clubs, fraternities, sororities, and corporate volunteer teams to come out for a few hours to give back while having fun doing so. All activities are capable of being performed utilizing social distancing of 6 ft.
Simply contact us to schedule a day and time your group of volunteers will be available.
About Urban Development Corporation
2727 Second Avenue, Suite 129, Detroit, MI 48201, US
Improve the quality of life and bring about positive life-style changing experiences of low to moderate income families who live in urban communities. In carrying out our mission Urban Development Corporation serves as a catalyst in the revitalization of communities through the development of activities and programs which promote clean, drug-free, healthy, safe and enjoyable family lifestyles.
The uniqueness of our organization is our willingness to address counter productive behaviors which plague many urban communities, they include: random gunshot firing, slum lording, illegal dumping, liquor stores on nearly every corner, vandalism, and the selling of illicit drugs. These activities are major contributing factors to the rapid deterioration of inner city neighborhoods and lead to a large number of eyesore houses having to be torn down.
Our efforts are currently concentrated in the following areas:
- Beautification and clean-up of inner city neighborhoods.
- Substance abuse awareness and prevention.
- Broadening the horizon of inner city youth through exposure to future career opportunities, the fine arts, and recreational activities.
- Acquisition and renovation of deteriorating properties.
- Unemployment and underemployment.
- Addressing environmental pollution concerns and issues.
- Serving as a liaison between residents, businesses; local police and municipalities to alleviate illegal activity.
- Rehab of our donated building which will be utilized as a community/employment center.