PATH LA - Community Engagement Internship
PATH (People Assisting the Homeless)
PATH LA has a new opportunity for individuals interested in getting involved in the community and learning about an organization dedicated to helping individuals experiencing homelessness. This internship position will provide substantial experience in nonprofit development, including donation coordination, community partnership research, and volunteer management, all while gaining valuable office experience at one of Los Angeles’ most prominent nonprofits focused on providing sustainable solutions to homelessness.
- Act as a point of contact for general inquiries regarding volunteer opportunities and in-kind donations. This includes responding to incoming calls, voicemails, and email inquiries.
- Assist with managing the in-kind donation process. This includes research and outreach to donors and working with the Volunteer Manager to schedule donation drop offs.
- Provide administrative support to Volunteer Manager by helping to manage PATH’s online volunteer management system (Better Impact). Volunteer coordination duties include processing volunteer paperwork, updating volunteer hours, and other data entry.
- Conduct research and outreach to potential community partners to spread awareness about PATH, secure potential partnerships, and to help coordinate third-party events.
- Assist development staff with special projects and offsite community engagement events.
- Assist with administrative work and other duties, as assigned.
- Be available for at least 10 hours per week - days/times you choose are flexible.
- Occasional weekend and evening opportunities may arise.
- Have a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Be available to help other members of the Community Affairs department that may require assistance for special events or projects.
- Passion for nonprofit management, and community outreach and engagement
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent self-management, organizational, and multitasking skills
- Willingness to learn and assist others
- Hard-worker and team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of initiative, creativity, and motivation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher)
- Database knowledge preferred
To apply please email resume to email@example.com
with subject line: Community Engagement Internship
About PATH (People Assisting the Homeless)
1250 Sixth Ave., LOS ANGELES, CA 90004, US
PATH works to end homelessness for individuals, families, and communities.
We are in need of motivated individuals and groups who want to come in and help us feed our residents. Additionally, we need volunteer drivers and people willing to coordinate donation drives in their communities.