1 person is interested
Volunteer From Home, Become a Disaster Dispatcher
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The holiday season is a time for festivities and family. It’s also a time for giving. This year, you can give a meaningful gift that helps people through some of life’s toughest moments. From helping people impacted by disasters, like home fires and floods, to supporting lifesaving blood donations, you can make a difference. The need for volunteers remains critical and constant during the holiday season.
Consider giving the gift of time with our Disaster Dispatch Team.
Receive calls from local fire departments/emergency management and dispatch Red Cross disaster responders to the scene.
- Receive calls from Fire Departments, Fire/Police Dispatch or Emergency Management.
- Make phone calls to activate disaster responders, per guidelines.
- Send notification text messages.
- Create cases in Client Assistance System and activate Client Assistance Cards.
- Notify Public Affairs, Health, and Mental Health Services when needed.
- Document incident information.
- Minimum 4 on-call shifts per month
- Reliable access to phone, computer, and internet when on-call
Questions? Contact Alaina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-509-0510.
About American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
4860 Sheboygan Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Friendship, WI 53934
November 22, 2022
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 4 on-call shifts per month.
- Must submit a volunteer application www.redcross.org/volunteer