Communications Coordinator Associate
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote
The Communications Coordinator Associate will perform routine to complex duties, assignments and projects in communications for the division and its staff. The successful candidate will actively demonstrate initiative and innovation in implementing communication practices that promote effective project performance.
- Deliver a variety of communications activities that include project meeting notes and minute documentation, documentation management, business writing, presentation development and ensuring all are reflective of the division’s objectives
- Prepare materials for meetings which entails taking notes and minutes and tracking follow-up
- Act as primary point of contact for inbound and outbound communication; direct communication and messages to the best resource in the division
- Prepare ongoing reports that update key activities and performance of the division, as requested by immediate supervisor
- Assess all systems and applications related to the communication function of the division, gain operational knowledge of these systems and actively seek new approaches to improve the overall productivity of these systems
- Maintain accuracy of information within spreadsheets and documents
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Degree or advanced college coursework in Technical Writing, English, related discipline or equivalent
- Early career or entry level experience or aptitude, preferably as a communications specialist, project manager or senior administrator, performing the duties outlined above
- Experience working across organizations that displays a track record of productivity and follow through
- Detail oriented in documentation and process
- Able to multi-task and track activity across complex projects (formal project management experience is a big plus)
- Very comfortable with Google Workspace, Excel, Outlook, Dropbox
- Excellent writing and communication skills that may entail technical reporting and writing
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.