2 people are interested
Arena Assistant - Hands of Promise Campus
ORGANIZATION: Idaho Youth Ranch
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Who You Are: You are passionate and have a heart for kids. You are self-motivated. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty. You are reliable. You enjoy the feeling of a job accomplished.As a volunteer, you will enjoy a service opportunity where Relationships are the foundation, where we are all Committed to the same mission, where Growth is always possible, where we are all treated with and show Compassion, where trust guides us to Transparency and above all, where Joy sustains us.
What You Will Do: Arena Assistant will provide:
- Assist Arena Staff in care and upkeep of the animal facilities, including cleaning and mucking out stalls, sweeping of barn and indoor arena, including bleachers.
- Work with Arena Staff to clean up arena post session and return horses to stall/pasture.
- Work with Arena Staff to keep pastures cleaned and ready for use.
- Work with Arena Staff in outdoor work including chopping, raking weeds into piles and other beautification projects.
Why Unite With Us: The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. Volunteers help move our mission forward. We unite for Idaho’s youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing and resilience.
How: To volunteer for this opportunity, you will need to:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Submit application and resume
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Complete interview
- Comply with all Idaho Youth Ranch Volunteer Policies and Procedures
About Idaho Youth Ranch
5465 W. Irving St, Boise, ID 83706, US
The Idaho Youth Ranch creates promising futures through courageous transformations.
Every child is born full of promise, and every child deserves a promising future.
The Idaho Youth Ranch has been helping good kids on a dangerous path find promising futures for more than 60 years, with youth programs and services through the state.
We offer emergency shelter, residential care, substance abuse treatment, job readiness training, alternative education, adoption services, family counseling, and more for at-risk kids and their struggling parents and families.
No matter what a child is up against, the Idaho Youth Ranch can help.
Every kid who comes to us faces their own unique challenges and issues. So we adapt our services to meet their needs, instead of the other way around. The Idaho Youth Ranch approach is to intervene early, when our help can do the most good; treat the whole child, not just one symptom; and finish the job by sticking with each kid as long as they need us.
Our work would not be possible without generous donations from people like you.
Thanks to our donors and our statewide network of 29 thrift stores, we can help kids and families effectively and immediately even if they can’t afford the entire cost of care.
Whenever you make a cash donation, shop at one of our stores, or donate items we can sell, you become part of our promise to Idaho’s kids. Thank you!
28371 El Paso RdCaldwell, ID 83607
September 25, 2023
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- When: • Weekly (Monday – Sunday, (9am - 5pm) • 2-4 hour shifts • 1-5x a week (depending on volunteer’s schedule)