SEO Manager/Consultant Volunteer (Remote)
African Development Choices
About the role
We now have an exciting opportunity for a SEO Manager or Consultant volunteer to join ADC. We’re building out our capabilities within the recently formed Digital Marketing Team, and we’re looking for someone with the passion and drive to lead, develop and execute SEO strategy , in order to grow our online presence and increase ADC’s search engine results rankings. If you are passionate about growth and you want to make a positive impact, we want to hear from you.
You’re an experienced SEO professional with in-depth hands-on experience as well as the ability to think strategically and influence others. You’ll work closely with marketing peers and act as an advocate for SEO across the organization .
- Create, own and execute on the global SEO strategy for africandevelopmentchoices . org
- Lead keyword research, identify opportunities to improve or acquire new keyword rankings through regular research and analysis
- Identify gaps in content and opportunities to create or optimize content to improve existing pages. Work collaboratively to implement your recommendations.
- Develop and implement link building strategies.
- Work with our PR and Content Creators to establish content across our site and on 3rd party sites to drive positive SEO rankings
- The ability to work with back-end SEO elements such as . htaccess , robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization, and related skills
- Keeping up to date with search news & sharing opinions on indust ry developments within the team and with clients, providing your viewpoint of changes.
- T echnical understanding of both on and off-site SEO requirements,
- Extensive knowledge of technical optimization , content optimization , link management, d ata analysis and SEO tools
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- A passion for working collaboratively and partnering with people across the organization , as well as independently
- Familiar with Google AdWords, Google Analytic and Google Search console skills
- An understanding of user search intent and conversion optimization
- Available to volunteer at least 7 hours a week
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to build your work experience within the field of SEO
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is changing lives in Africa
- We will provide work reference for you
We look forward to receiving your application
ADC Recruitment Team
Important message: Thank you for your interest in volunteering with ADC. We request all the applicants to forward your CV to
Recruitment@africandevelopmentchoices.org with your full name and the position you are interested in. If you do not hear back from us within 3 weeks, the role may have been filled.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
To prevent or relieve poverty in rural Africa by empowering communities and leaders to better manage public resources so that they can invest in expansion of access to essential public services and meet their local needs independently. We achieve this using our innovative Three-Step Approach.
African Development Choices is a UK-based social enterprise, founded in 2018 by Kenyan-born Moses Tai. Our vision is of a world in which everyone has access to the essential services necessary to fight poverty.
It is our mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources. This will enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation.