Urban Development Corporation
Urban Development Corporation (UDC) is a nonprofit organization focused on improving the quality of life of low to moderate-income families who live on the Northeast Side of Detroit.
We seek to identify an accountant willing to volunteer time a few hours a month to assist us with the setup of Quickbooks Software as our tool to perform daily bookkeeping and the establishment of budgets, cost analysis, and forecast for our activities and programs. An ideal person should have a degree in one of the following disciplines: accounting, finance, or business administration and be proficient in using Excel Software and reside in the State of Michigan.
Please only contact us if you currently have the availability of time to commit a few hours per month over the next 6 months.
About Urban Development Corporation
2727 Second Avenue, Suite 129, Detroit, MI 48201, US
Improve the quality of life and bring about positive life-style changing experiences of low to moderate income families who live in urban communities. In carrying out our mission Urban Development Corporation serves as a catalyst in the revitalization of communities through the development of activities and programs which promote clean, drug-free, healthy, safe and enjoyable family lifestyles.
The uniqueness of our organization is our willingness to address counter productive behaviors which plague many urban communities, they include: random gunshot firing, slum lording, illegal dumping, liquor stores on nearly every corner, vandalism, and the selling of illicit drugs. These activities are major contributing factors to the rapid deterioration of inner city neighborhoods and lead to a large number of eyesore houses having to be torn down.
Our efforts are currently concentrated in the following areas:
- Beautification and clean-up of inner city neighborhoods.
- Substance abuse awareness and prevention.
- Broadening the horizon of inner city youth through exposure to future career opportunities, the fine arts, and recreational activities.
- Acquisition and renovation of deteriorating properties.
- Unemployment and underemployment.
- Addressing environmental pollution concerns and issues.
- Serving as a liaison between residents, businesses; local police and municipalities to alleviate illegal activity.
- Rehab of our donated building which will be utilized as a community/employment center.