DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Love working with youth? Become a Red Cross Club Coordinator!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross Central California Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Would you love to give back to the community, but don't know where to start?
The American Red Cross is looking for supportive volunteers to help guide and empower teen Red Cross Club members as they plan and carry out their service activities. The Red Cross Club Coordinator is an adult volunteer who serves as a liaison between the Red Cross and Club student leadership. They help to create and maintain an environment where youth (high school & college-aged students) feel empowered to lead and mobilize peers in community service projects addressing local and global issues. Club Coordinators support school year start-up, help document activities and hours, and attend monthly Club meetings and events throughout the school year. Events may include hosting a blood drive or personal care item drive for veterans, fundraising, and disaster preparedness campaigns. This is currently an all-virtual opportunity.
Commitment: Volunteers are asked to commit to 2-3 hours each week, 4-5 hours per week may be required during peak time, working remotely. Available during weekdays and/or evenings to best accommodate youth and young adult volunteer schedules. 1+ year commitment highly preferred
* Experience working with and leading youth and young adults
* Willing to learn about Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service, specifically youth and young adult volunteer opportunities
* Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
* Have good technology skills - Ability to work with and utilize Volunteer Connection database (training provided)
* Exceptional people skills to understand and meet the needs of a diverse audience
* Team building, and succession planning skills to build youth program continuity
* Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partner
* Understanding the value of youth and young adult volunteers and providing leadership and support to ensure youth and young adult volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience
Ready to Make a Difference? Here's How to Get Started!
- Go to redcross.org/volunteer to complete our online application. It takes less than 10 minutes!
- A member of our team will get in touch. Taking the time for a personal conversation enables us to match you with a role that will be both meaningful and enjoyable.
- We’ll provide all necessary training to ensure you can be successful in your volunteer role.
About American Red Cross Central California Region
1300 W. Shaw Ave., Ste. 4B, Fresno, CA 93711, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Types of volunteer opportunities may include:
Boots on the Ground -- Your role could be to respond to home fires and other emergencies in your community, conduct in-home smoke alarm installations, or working in a wildfire shelter providing safe accommodations.
Instructor/Presenter positions to deliver education programs focused on preparedness, disasters and how to "Be Red Cross Ready" to adults and youth.
Working behind the Scenes positions include Keep the Red Cross Running -- Your role could be administrative/office support, scheduling shifts for your fellow volunteers, or logistics management to ensure disaster relief operations have the necessary supplies and equipment.
Lead the Way -- "Leadership" volunteers guide our efforts, inspire our volunteers and hold us accountable to the highest standards. Your role could be to lead a small team of fellow volunteers, act as an advisor to a Red Cross Club for youth, or support local Red Cross services by joining an advisory board or the Board of Directors.
Tell the Red Cross Story -- Communications & Outreach volunteers educate the public about Red Cross services and stories in your community. By getting our message out, you'll educate people in need about how we can help, while attracting volunteers and donors to the mission.
You can make a difference today at by becoming a volunteer at redcross.org/volunteer
230 NW 3rd AveVisalia, CA 93291
July 18, 2023
- Youth Services
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week or 8-10 hours per month, flexible scheduling, one-year commitment highly preferred
- Volunteers must be at least 25 years old. Have experience working with youth (15-24 years of age) *Volunteers must submit to a Background Check.