4 people are interested
Chapter Co-Chair: Lead a talented team of volunteers to support Philadelphia's small businesses
ORGANIZATION: SCORE Philadelphia
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
SCORE Philadelphia has an exciting and rare opportunity for a part-time volunteer Chapter Co-Chair to continue SCORE's important work to educate, mentor and support Philadelphia’s small businesses and entrepreneurs.
SCORE Philadelphia has experienced significant growth due to COVID-19. Many businesses need mentoring assistance to help pivot operations, or are looking for information in starting a new business because of changes in their employment opportunities.
SCORE Philadelphia's Chapter Co-Chair opportunity is ideal for retired or semi-retired, business-savvy leaders who want to:
- Keep their mind active and sharp; continue to use their business skills
- Remain engaged in the City’s business community; create jobs; help clients succeed
- Contribute to Philadelphia's start-up, entrepreneur-based and minority businesses
- Co-manage a 75 person volunteer-based nonprofit business organization, one of SCORE National's 300 chapters
- Be at the helm during a record time of growth
- Set up effective organizational processes
To learn more about SCORE Philadelphia:
- See quotes from our volunteers: https://philadelphia.score.org/why-i-volunteer
- See quotes from our clients: https://philadelphia.score.org/mentoring-experience
- Meet our mentors: https://philadelphia.score.org/meet-our-mentors-12
- Check out our current workshops: https://philadelphia.score.org/content/take-workshop-247
- Meet our workshop speakers: https://philadelphia.score.org/workshop-speakers
- See our subject matter experts (SMEs): https://philadelphia.score.org/subject-matter-experts
SCORE is a nonprofit resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration that helps aspiring and existing entrepreneurs succeed. Every year, our volunteers help thousands of entrepreneurs achieve their dreams of starting small businesses and achieving new levels of success. Volunteering is a way for you to give back, network with business experts, and share your knowledge. Join SCORE today to make a meaningful difference in your local economy.
Learn more at www.score.org/volunteer.
About SCORE Philadelphia
105 N. 22nd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103, US
SCORE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentoring. Our mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
SCORE, America's premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses, is a nonprofit resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We have over 300 SCORE offices across the country and 10,000 volunteers offering free business mentoring and low- or no-cost workshops.
For over 50 years, SCORE's thousands of working and retired business professionals have volunteered to support the success of small business nationwide. SCORE business mentoring is free and confidential.
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Volunteer mentors who share their expertise across industries
- Free business tools, templates and tips online
- Inexpensive or free business workshops (locally) and webinars (online 24/7)
105 N. 22nd St.Philadelphia, PA 19103
June 13, 2022
- Strategic Planning
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We are currently looking for an individual who could commit approximately 10-15 hours per week and be available during the day Monday through Friday.
- Complete your volunteer application at www.score.org/volunteer-registration.