DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Volunteer Grant researchers
ORGANIZATION: DADS MOVE
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
About Dads MOVE:
DadsMOVE is a 501-3(c) nonprofit and has since its inception been largely a volunteer-supported nonprofit. We have received 3 grants from funders and we know this is a strategic direction we want to go to. In 2018 DadsMOVE hired its first Executive Director. In late 2020 this position moved to a full-time effort with the goal of expanding our volunteer program to help GROW Dads MOVE. In response to COVID-19 and the pandemic, the need for our services is even greater. Our nonprofit exists to help dads build their skills and a support network for those struggling with their children's behavioral needs.
About our volunteer Grant Researcher role:
Our goal is to recruit a team of volunteers from around the US (multiple time zones), who are interested in supporting our nonprofit by researching prospective grant funders. Here are our goals:
- Experience is NOT needed.
- We are seeking volunteers who can contribute 2 to 4 hours a week (researching) and 1 hour a week by joining our virtual grants team meeting.
- 1-year minimum commitment
- Good writing and grammar is needed
- Must be comfortable in researching virtually
A question often asked is will I get to write grants? Here is our approach and our why: As the volunteers complete researching around two dozen grants (around the 3rd month) often the grant researcher (volunteer) may want to help more and begin to write a portion of a grant on behalf of DadsMOVE. For those that are interested and ready, writing will be discussed (writing for a letter of introduction, a letter of interest, and a letter of inquiry, or part and or all of the grant submission). If a Grant researcher volunteer has prior experience or shows exceptional research/writing this timeline may be adjusted by the Executive Director. Note: We typically require a minimum of 12 grants to be researched as we really want those who write for us to truly understand how we implement our mission and what our collective impact is. Your passion for our work needs to show through in your research and writing.
If you enjoy research, or writing we need you! A background in mental or behavioral health is an asset. And if you are passionate about DadsMOVE all the better.
Have we captured your interest? If so, please reply in volunteer match and include the following:
Tell us about the following;
- Why DadsMOVE?;
- Can you commit to the time commitment (2 -4 hours a week and 1 hr for our grant team meeting)
- Are you comfortable with our request to commit to a minimum of 1 year?
- Can you confirm on a weekly basis that you can attend our virtual grant team meeting each Tuesday from 4:30 to 5:30 PST.
- Share why you are interested in this role
- Share what support you will need (other than our initial clinic and access to our grant portal and form to be completed) in order for you to be successful.
Thank you in advance for your consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.
About DADS MOVE
PO BOX 950, TACOMA, WA 98401, US
To strengthen the fathers role in raising children with behavioral health needs through education, peer Support and Advocacy.
Since 2011 Dads MOVE has sought to help struggling fathers and their families that are raising children with mental health and behavioral disorders. Over the years we have learned how many issues affect these children from trauma to the parent's own mental health.
We are a family-focused, father driven non-profit that serves families raising children with behavioral health concerns. The services we provide families are low to no cost, thanks to grants and our supporters like you. When we charge, we aim to recover our direct costs and we also offer financial assistance. We are committed to removing barriers and being an inclusive nonprofit.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 18, 2022
- Administrative Support
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment: Must be able to attend virtually team meetings weekly on Tuesdays from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. (PST).
- Must have a computer (with a speaker and microphone), internet access.