3 people are interested
It's Critical!! WE NEED YOU!!! Blood Transportation Team Lead! - Deliver Blood & Save a Life!
3 people are interested
Did you know you could help save lives by simply delivering blood and blood products from our blood distribution centers to local hospitals and delivering convalescent plasma? Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to the community!It's critical that The American Red Cross needs volunteers to transport blood and blood products in a safe and timely manner. Volunteers are critically needed as COVID-19 cases rise. We need a volunteer to supervise support the volunteer team who delivers blood to or from hospitals, labs, and both mobile and fixed sites blood drives.
Share with your friends & family! It's CRITICAL! We need volunteers as COVID-19 cases rise!
· Supervise Volunteer Leads, Transportation Specialists, Volunteer Trainers, and Volunteer Dispatcher/Admin in the Transportation Program
· Onboard, direct, and assist volunteers to perform transportation work throughout the region
· Ensure volunteer drivers are scheduled and data is captured in Driver Manifests, logs and Volunteer Connection
· Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and hospital customers
· Meet Red Cross fleet policies and standards · Train, direct, and assist volunteers to perform transportation work throughout the region
· May distribute blood to area hospitals as routine or "stat" deliveries; transport blood and blood products from blood collection sites to the laboratory for processing; pick up and return boxes as needed; complete required paperwork and obtain signatures. Drive in a safe and responsible manner and provide strong customer service at all times.
· Advise regional Distribution team of process improvements needed; suggest improvements to Transportation Coordinator
· May recruit and coordinate the work of volunteer steering committees
· Manage process for approved new volunteers (i.e., the initial call to volunteer, setting up a time for on-the-job training, fuel pin, badge, etc.). Provide the volunteer with an introduction to the department, team, supervisor, giving a tour, etc.
· Support day-to-day work of volunteer (i.e. schedule shifts, handing out keys, answering calls from volunteers, discussing the schedule for the day with a volunteer, etc.)
* Current driver's license and ability to clear a Motor Vehicle check - required
* Ability to work with a range of staff members and volunteers throughout the state - required
* Logistical skills - preferred
* Attention to detail and deadlines - required
* Good oral communication, friendly, customer service skills, and the ability to relate effectively to people of diverse backgrounds and education levels - required
* Supervisory skills and experience - required
* Comfort with computers and ability to enter basic information in database - required
Training: We provide all the training!
· 1-2-hour Driver training with Defensive Driving Course and Transportation Specialist Training
· On the Job Training with Transportation Coordinator or Manufacturing Supervisor
· Volunteer Supervisor courses through EDGE
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
10600 N Trademark, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting lifesaving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
October 14, 2021
- Transportation Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Preferred: 1 -year commitment, renewable
- Transportation Specialist Training, On the job training! Do you want to IMPACT LIVES! TURN COMPASSION INTO ACTION! Due to the current rise in COVID-19 case WE NEED YOU to be a SUPERHERO!