9 people are interested
Become a Medical Science Instructor!
9 people are interested
Our new initiative Generation-Z project is a program designed to empower under-resourced high school students to unlock their potential while gaining access to new careers.
We are looking for enthusiastic and skilled volunteers to provide introductory courses and training on Medical science to our high school students (Grade 10 - 12). This course will help our students learn what medical school would be like, help them evaluate how their talents and preferences match those of a career in medicine.
- Develop curriculum materials and specific lesson plans that covers an overview of Medical studies such as public health, pharmacy, laboratory technology, dentistry, veterinary medicine and other heart related fields.
- Utilize various curriculum resources to teach students on practice of medical science.
- Interact with students on a personal level and understand their learning capabilities.
- Prepare teaching schedules, course work, projects and homework for students and share it with the supervisor.
- Introduce learning platforms like workshops and conferences to students for their professional development.
- Adopt interactive teaching techniques to help students understand the course.
- Observe and evaluate the progress of the students and report it to the supervisor.
- Meet with parents/guardians to discuss the student’s progress.
- Attend departmental, interdepartmental, professional and community based meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in the field of Medicine
- Prior experience in teaching and working with students
- Excellent communication, planning, organizing and problem solving skills.
Hours and commitment:
- Volunteers will be required to work for 6 hours a week for a minimum of 3 months.
About I'RAISE Girls & Boys International
3640 White Plains Road, Bronx, NY 10469, US
I'RAISE mission is to raise, empower, and inspire minority youth to experience success and progress in all areas of their lives and to become successful leaders through raising and increasing self-esteem and self-worth.
- Mental Health Programs- Child & Youth Psychotherapy, Group Counseling, Art Therapy, Play Therapy
- Education Programs -College Impact Program, Genesis Tutoring Program
- After School Programs- Sports & Arts Afterschool (Basketball, football, dance, music, fine arts, chess, cheerleading),
- Community Performing Arts Program - Dance and Theater
- Mentoring - One-on-one or Group Mentoring
- Youth Self Care- Cosmetology program
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 19, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Children Medical Services
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hours per week.
- Bachelor's Degree in medical-related field.