Development & Philanthropy Officer
REDEFINERS WORLD LANGUAGES
Position Title: Development & Philanthropy Officer Position Description
Organization: ReDefiners World Languages
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
Number of Openings: One
Hours Per Week: 15- 20 Hrs Week
- Remote Position
- Office Location- 8056 N. 56th St., Tampa, FL 33617
Compensation: Volunteer; ProBono
Contact: Chantelle Daniels, CDaniels@redefinerswl.org ; 813-530-2313
Who Are We?
ReDefiners is a pioneering non-profit organization with the goal of developing a compassionate community of global citizens, who are both economically and socially responsible, through world language and cultural enrichment. Education in global communication is paramount in developing cognitive skills, creating opportunities for upward mobility, and establishing a foundation to excel in an ever increasing globalized society. We strive to provide local language learning opportunities in Arabic, English, Spanish and Mandarin through our enrichment programs to adults & youth, regardless of socioeconomic background.
Who Are We Looking For?
ReDefiners World Languages is seeking an individual who is passionate about promoting social change, creating equitable educational opportunities for underserved communities and providing a competitive advantage for youth and adults of underserved communities through world language education. This passionate individual is fueled by building capacity in grassroots organizations, has exceptional fundraising, sales and interpersonal skills and is experienced in developing major donor relationships.
Position Description: Collaborating with the Executive Director, the Development & Philanthropy Officer (DPO) is accountable for achieving the fundraising and new business development goals of the organization by managing current and past corporate and individuals donors while expanding our donor base and by managing key donor relationships. The DPO strategizes, implements and delegates some responsibilities among team members, develops and assesses the team and fund development efforts. While the primary responsibility is for philanthropy goals, the DPO will hold a seat on the Board of Directors for ReDefiners World Languages contributing to the overall direction and sustainability of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with 5 or more years of relevant experience, preferred Graduate degree in a relevant field is a plus
- Bilingual preferred
- Proven history of high-level, high-return fundraising, sales or business development results based on building strong, lasting relationships with a diversity of donors/customers and through a diversity of strategies that uniquely reach each type of donor
- Proven experience in leading people and managing systems to achieve fundraising goals and substantial increases in revenue while cultivating a work culture that is high performing, developmental, innovative, creative, inspiring and fun.
- Ability to critically assess current processes and suggest improvements and to assess team member performance and development needs
- Outstanding organizational skills to operationalize a strategic fundraising plan by identifying goals and objectives and specific actions to achieve them, setting priorities, delegating actions to team members and influencing upward and laterally in order to ensure that key actions in the plan are executed by all needed stakeholders including the Executive Director. Ability to evaluate results and adapt a plan, as needed, to improve future performance
- Comfortable building relationships with corporate and foundation leaders, high net-worth individuals and community leaders and with making high dollar "asks"
- Experience with securing foundation, corporate and/or governmental grants
- Experienced in working effectively with all people irrespective of their history, economic status, challenges, race, gender, educational level or sexual orientation. Reflect a value for the importance of diversity and have experience in creating and/or working in diverse organizations.
- Powerful advocate for scaling social change and building an infrastructure of opportunity.
- Strong collaborator within and outside of an organization.
- Collaborative cross-sector experience and a demonstrated competence in public, private and philanthropic partnerships.
- Excellent written and oral communication and networking skills with the ability to engage, inspire and educate in personal meetings, group settings and in written form.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze financial and statistical data and donor databases. Understanding of data security principles and best practices.
- Ability to maintain accurate and updated records of all communications and donor information by actively utilizing Salesforce
- Accurately import, export, and edit customized donor data in a variety of digital platforms and tools.
Key Performance Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Create an annual written fundraising and business development plan that is clear in its objectives, goals, target audiences, timelines and assignment of responsibilities.
- Be accountable for the fundraising performance of the Fundraising team
- Advise the Executive Director (ED) on the relationship building and fundraising opportunities that are strategic and of the highest priority and ensure that the ED’s time is scheduled effectively in fundraising and donor cultivation processes and events.
- Strategic devote time to donor prospecting and relationship cultivation
- Evaluate the fundraising activities annually to ensure quality, productivity and relevance towards meeting goals.
- Maintain a database of corporate, foundation, leadership and individual donors and prospects; develop and implement strategies for engagement with ReDefiners.
- Work with ReDefiners’ team members and volunteers to develop a functional and effective donor pipeline of corporations, individuals, and foundations.
- Create regular opportunities for the fundraising team to meet with other ReDefiners’ teams and volunteers to freely share knowledge, strategies, stories of impact and other important information that will enable the organization to successfully reach all of its goals in a collaborative, aligned manner.
- Serve as a passionate and informed advocate for ReDefiners World Languages on the Board of Directors and work collaboratively with the Treasurer to forecast, monitor and report on fundraising efforts.
- Clearly communicate the impact of our work, verbally and in writing, throughout corporate and community networks.
About REDEFINERS WORLD LANGUAGES
8056 N. 56th St., Tampa, FL 33617, US
To promote social change, create equity in educational opportunities, and provide a competitive advantage for youth and adults through language and cultural enrichment programs.
Our organization is deeply grounded in our core values. We believe all children, regardless of background, are capable and deserving of language learning opportunities, language learning needs to begin before age 10, intercultural education and authentic relationships promote greater peace and in today’s society, students need to become global citizens.
Founded by a full-time educator, parent, and advocate for language learning, ReDefiners is a non-profit organization that prides itself in being a pioneer in the early language education programing in Hillsborough County. The organization is made up of qualified teachers, international student volunteers and business professionals who are passionate about language and cultural education. We offer language classes in Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish and English to youth and adults.