Food Distribution Site Coordinator
East Side Elders
Are you an organized leader who thrives on team management? Put your skills to work helping seniors gain access to food and other needed supplies! We are looking for a Food Distribution Site Coordinator who will be the volunteer lead at our upcoming food distribution events. Gift card stipend available!
Schedule: Food distributions occur every other week. The volunteer will need to be available for planning (can be done offsite) and on the day of the distribution. Scheduling volunteers to help on distribution days may be done remotely.
Distribution dates: Our next distribution is December 1 st
- Calling clients with order details
- Scheduling and organizing food packing volunteers
- Scheduling volunteer delivery drivers
- Acting as lead on distribution days
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be available for all food distribution events
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift heavy grocery bags and be able to walk up and down stairs (our building does not have an elevator)
- Must adhere to all Covid-19 safety regulations and enforce those regulations on distribution days
- $50 Cub (or other grocery store) gift card after every distribution day volunteered
- Gain experience with team management
- Learn more about working with a senior population
East Side Elders helps our seniors live full and rewarding lives - in the home and community they want - for as long as possible. Our teams of volunteers, students and community members provide a wide range of services and activities that give the necessary support and resources to our elderly neighbors wherever they call home.
Apply online at https://www.eastsideelders.org/volunteer-application/ or email us at Volunteer@EastSideElders.org for more information.
About East Side Elders
463 MARIA AVE Suite 201, ST PAUL, MN 55106, US
Our mission is to create a circle of care around the elders in Dayton’s Bluff, Payne-Phalen, and Conway-Battle Creek neighborhoods, empowering seniors to live safe and independent lives in their homes.
East Side Elders helps our seniors live full and rewarding lives - in the home and community they want - for as long as possible and as healthy and well as possible. Our teams of volunteers, students and community members provide a wide range of services and activities that give the necessary support and resources to our elderly neighbors wherever they call home.