Community Volunteer Leader (Virtual) Alabaster
American Red Cross - Alabama Mississippi Region
What does the commitment look like? In partnership with the local Executive Director and other Red Cross staff and volunteers,
Community Volunteer Leaders:
· Serve as the face of Red Cross at local community events, and as the primary contact for the Red Cross in your community.
· Utilize local contacts to communicate community needs and stay current on Red Cross programs and messaging.
· Help recruit a volunteer workforce that is both inclusive and represents the demographics of the community.
· Cultivate, manage and steward external partner relationships such as elected officials, community groups, faith-based organizations, key government agencies, colleges and universities, military organizations, etc.
· Share volunteer needs within social networks / circles of influence.
You will be recognized as a community advocate, with speaking opportunities and a chance to build relationships with other community leaders, interacting with a variety of people, teaming with other Red Cross volunteers, and community partners
About American Red Cross - Alabama Mississippi Region
700 Caldwell Trace, Birmingham, AL 35242, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.