DIV:SAF - Division Safety Lead Volunteer (Asia/Pacific)
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the Division (DIV) Services to the Armed Forces (SAF) team. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home opportunity). The Division Safety Lead Volunteer serves the Service to the Armed Forces programs to ensure compliance with safety mitigations and protocols during in-person service delivery at work sites Outside the Continental United States overseas during the corona virus pandemic. This position is at the Division level as the leader in this area of responsibility (AOR) and reports to and partners closely with the Division Leadership Partner or Division Director.
- Develop and oversee implementation of Red Cross personnel health and safety protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic across the Division and according to Red Cross enterprise-wide risk mitigation measures
- Support Division, Region and Stations in adhering to all rules and regulations
- Advise and lead Red Cross personnel on health and safety protocols and mitigation and ensure compliance during activities to mitigate the spread of COVID-19
- Ensure policies support business partners, visitors, and clients in adhering to health and safety mitigation measures
- Engage with partners and SAF leadership on adherence to health and safety measures and identify opportunities for improvemen
- Report to Division Director in the AOR on compliance or noncompliance throughout the Division. Gather information from the Region and Site Safety Leads
- If needed, prepare and present reports on accidents or violations of protocols to supervisor, Division Director, NHQ Security Unit and senior management
- All Qualifications Required:
- Ability to lead at the Senior Management level and support teams at the Division, Region and Station level during complex operating environment
- Should have experience and/or education on the basic principles of workplace safety, workplace security, or any health-related fields, including but not limited to the following disciplines: personal or occupational safety, personal or organizational security, public health, healthcare and related professions, biological sciences, chemistry, and psychology.
- Knowledge of public health guidelines and the COVID-19 outbreak in their AOR
- Quick learner with good memory
- Great attention to detail
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience reviewing, improving and proposing new policies to Leadership?
- Experience implementing or enforcing safety or security protocols?
- Experience working with the U.S. Government directly or as a partner, including the Department of Defense or Veterans Affairs
- Must be a current Red Cross Volunteer
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.