Meals on Wheels Meal Preppers and Packers - Cohen Community Center
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Our Meals on Wheels program at our Cohen Community Center is in need of volunteers to assist in the preparation and packing meals for local homebound seniors.
Duties would include:
- preparing and cooking meals
- being part of the packaging assembly line of volunteers and staff
- cleaning food area and meal bags
About Spectrum Generations
1 Weston Ct, PO Box 2589, Augusta, ME 04338, US
Promoting life-long learning, health, wellness, nutrition, community engagement and social well-being of all older and disabled adults.
Spectrum Generations spans four decades as a leading nonprofit provider of innovative solutions to the challenges of meals, care-giving, counseling, socialization, wellness, and life-long learning to seniors, maturing adults, and the disabled. Our mission is to secure positive outcomes through at-home and community-based services in rural, city, and small town settings for vulnerable aging and disabled populations.
- Offers a variety of assistance and services to seniors and disabled adults and their families ranging from a friendly helping hand to trained care including Meals on Wheels, Adult DayBreak, Family Caregiver Services, Money Management, and Bridges Personal Services and Care Management.
- Provides information about questions and concerns on a wide variety of issues that impact adults including Maine Care, Medicare, money-saving benefits programs as well as referral services and community presentations.
- Encourages the passions of aging and/or disabled adults and their families for lifelong learning through programs, classes, and workshops at our seven community centers.
- Provides opportunities and connections to participate in rewarding experiences such as social dining, travel, fitness and wellness programs, special events, and volunteer opportunities.