Target Staff Type Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote
The Procurement Coordinator will oversee essential activities in the purchasing production cycle from purchase order (PO) issuance to the timely authorization of payment. The role will have critical contribution of accelerating the training and educating the department staff on the NetSuite application and contributing to improving the overall performance and quality improvements of the Central Purchasing department. The position may partner with internal Accounting and Receiving teams on various interrelated functional tasks while collaborating with internal department's team, including Buyers, Procurement Specialists, Contracts, and Material Management, as needed.
- Gains advanced understanding of the NetSuite application and implements solutions to train internal department staff on NetSuite function; acts as an authoritative resource for solutions, tools, reporting and approaches to accelerate the team’s application and operational mastery of NetSuite.
- Overviews critical aspects of the purchasing production cycle, in PO issuance with focused emphasis on completion, timely accuracy verification and follow through with three way match processing.
- Recommends approaches to streamline and improve the overall quality of Purchasing workflows, policies and practices; documents processes for continuous process improvement.
- In conjunction with Accounting, assists in overseeing timely authorization of payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- In conjunction with Receiving, assists in overseeing verification of receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipment errors with suppliers; tracks POs and produce summary or status reporting on a timely basis.
- Uses NetSuite purchasing system to create a purchase order from a requisition request; may educate internal departments and PO requestors on system function.
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Purchasing, Inventory, Supply Chain or related discipline or equivalent experience is desirable
- Technical savvy and peaked aptitude to rapidly learn Oracle NetSuite and apply the system’s function with confidence and operational familiarity
- Ability to perform in a fast-tempo, high volume environment that depends on multi-tasking with accuracy
- Related experience in Buyer, Supply Chain, Shipping/Receiving and Purchasing to perform the essential duties of the position or the aptitude to rapidly learn and apply the knowledge to perform the tasks, responsibilities and duties
- Ability to work and influence across organizations and display an acumen of follow through and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively and build trust with internal department stakeholders and external vendor partners
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.