Inventory Manager - Central Purchasing
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
The Inventory Manager oversees inventory levels throughout the JAARS organization. The person in this role will lead the activities and tasks that satisfy inventory needs and business requirements. As a subject matter resource, this position will assess, analyze, design, develop and assist in the implementation of new inventory processes, policies, workflows and change practice activities within the NetSuite System to continuously improve cost effectiveness, reliability and quality of the Materials Management team.
While reporting to the Director of Purchasing, this role will closely collaborate with the 5 area-specific inventory managers for best practice implementation and streamlined processes.
- Analyze and recommend inventory control practices, policies, procedures, plans and programs with focus on improving managing inventory needs in a cost effective and reliable manner.
- Closely collaborate with the 5 area-specific inventory managers for best practice implementation and streamlined processes.
- Manage inventory systems, automated applications and department controls to accurately record the quality, quantity, type, style and any other characteristics of the inventory so that JAARS has a clear understanding of inventory on hand, inventory to be ordered and service levels.
- Perform Pareto analysis and implement cycle count processes to track inventory, inventory differences, perform variance root cause analyses and apply recommendations to eliminate variances.
- Report to the Purchasing department and collaborate with the five area-specific inventory managers for best practice and streamlined processes. Work to identify the most reliable and cost effective suppliers to provide JAARS with the inventory needed to operate; maintain good working relationships with suppliers by communicating and dealing with concerns or problems, such as a delay in an order being processed.
- Ensure the correct amount of inventory required to meet internal business needs and to avoid overstocking items, tying up cash and/or creating storage issues. Implement multiple inventory replenishment methodologies as required.
- Develop a consistent and universal inventory part numbering system policy and implement across all inventory departments on campus.
- Management of receiving, stocking and issuing procedures, including multi-location, bin management, serialized inventory, lot traceability and transactions to Service Orders and expense accounts.
- Develop monthly analytical reports/KPIs within the NetSuite system to measure financial inventory in terms of status, trends, turnover and valuation.
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Demonstrated experience that displays the operational knowledge to satisfy the duties and responsibilities identified above; emphasis in developing tracking reports, metrics, KPIs related to inventory controls, quality and management
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing new process, programs and solutions, preferably in a global inventory platform with excellent knowledge of data analysis
- Experience with NetSuite or equivalent large-scale ERP applications, highly preferred
- Degree in Inventory Management, Material Management, Supply Chain or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision in detailed work
- Excellent verbal and written communication acumen with the ability to present highly technical information and complex solutions in reasonable and simple business explanation
- Experienced technical familiarity in ERP, computer, automated material management and procurement systems; ability to read and interpret highly technical material and implement routines to advanced solutions
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.