Video Editor (Volunteer)
A Free Bird
We are seeking a video editor to help us with assembling final video productions after color correction and delivering final video for projects related to our mission. Responsibilities:
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the viewer.
- Understand the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics, and effects.
- Create rough and final cuts.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and the industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- A strong video editing portfolio.
- Familiarity with 2D and 3D special effects.
- Bachelor’s in Film Studies, cinematography, or similar field.
- Working experience in video editing.
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and its severity, the organization has committed to working remotely. We care about our interns/volunteers’ health and we will adapt to the new working environment accordingly. Proper at-home working capabilities include laptop, smartphone, and connection to WiFi/internet. Must be available to have a phone/video conversation at least once per week.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a start-up non-profit organization dedicated to fighting childhood cancer through art and music therapy. We provide children aged 6 -18, who are diagnosed with cancer, the chance to pursue their passion for the arts.
We believe that the strength and healing powers of the arts are the best therapy!
A Free Bird supports children diagnosed with cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, creative writing, graphic design, singing, and any other artistic passions that they may have.
A Free Bird addresses the needs of both children currently fighting cancer and of recovering children through two main programs Dream, FIGHT FREE and FREE.