SEO Specialist Volunteer (Remote)
African Development Choices
About the role
We now have an exciting opportunity for an SEO Specialist volunteer to join ADC. The specialist will play a key role in ADC.
The right candidate will be able to make SEO a major part of our strategy. This is a big challenge so the right candidate should be highly talented. Furthermore, the specialist will be able to develop optimisation strategies to increase ADC’s search engine results rankings. In this role, it will be necessary to assist in researching SEO keywords to use throughout our website and marketing materials.
- Perform ongoing research for keyword discovery and optimisation
- Ensure SEO best practices are implemented in content creation and content programming
- Recommend changes to the website and social media content to improve SEO
- Develop and implement link building strategies
- Track, report, and analyse the website and social media analytics for SEO
- The ability to work with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization, and related skills
- Knowledge of the latest in search engine requirements and SEO best practices
- Knowledge of HTML, JS, and CSS
- An understanding of user search intent and conversion optimisation
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Available to volunteer at least 7 hours a week
What we offer you:
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- An opportunity to build your work experience within the field of marketing
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is changing lives in Africa
- An opportunity to build your professional network by working with a diverse team
- We will provide work reference for you
We look forward to receiving your application
ADC Recruitment Team
Important message: Thank you for your interest in volunteering with ADC. We request all the applicants to forward your CV to Recruitment@africandevelopmentchoices.org with your full name and the position you are interested in. If you do not hear back from us within 3 weeks, the role may have been filled.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
To prevent or relieve poverty in rural Africa by empowering communities and leaders to better manage public resources so that they can invest in expansion of access to essential public services and meet their local needs independently. We achieve this using our innovative Three-Step Approach.
African Development Choices is a UK-based social enterprise, founded in 2018 by Kenyan-born Moses Tai. Our vision is of a world in which everyone has access to the essential services necessary to fight poverty.
It is our mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources. This will enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation.