Ottumwa area: Now is the time to help people affected by disasters
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Title: DCS: Recovery Client Care Program Service Associates
The Recovery Services Client Care Program allows the Red Cross to rapidly meet disaster-caused needs by enabling clients to apply and receive financial assistance and/or community resources.
The Client Care Program Service Associate supports the recovery of disaster affected individuals, households, and communities by providing referrals, advocacy, and financial assistance through RC Care (case management system).
Conduct Intake by interviewing the client and opening a case in RC Care
Provide Financial Assistance to qualified clients.
Conduct Follow-up and Recovery Planning Services
Provide Internal Referrals
Provide Community Referrals
Assist with problem-solving and advocacy on request
Use RC Care to document services according to the Client Care Program Standards and Procedures
Services may be provided in person or virtually.
- Willing and able to volunteer in person in before, during and/or after a disaster event
- Ability to work in a continuously changing environment in which work priorities may change frequently
- Comfortable interacting with people from various diverse background whose lives have been disrupted and many are presenting immediate needs
- Kind, caring, resourceful and knowledgeable
- Comfortable learning new online case management systems
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Able to serve the client with care, comfort and concern
- Able to recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization
- Ability to stand and/or sit for two-hour periods
- Ability to speak clearly on phone and in person
- Ability to work for long periods on computer and/or reading small print and/or writing
- Valid Driver’s License (required for Divisional and National Deployments)
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Available to sign up for shifts on consecutive days (shifts may be 4, 8 or 12 hours long)
- Willing to complete 9 hours of virtual self-paced training required for position
- Ability to read, write, and follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Volunteers who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 may participate in Red Cross events as long as they wear a mask. All volunteers, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask if requested by a client. Masks will be provided at each event.
- For more information or to apply go to: https://www.redcross.org/volunteertoday
About American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
2912 S 80th Ave, Omaha, NE 68124, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Vision Statement The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Since our founding by Clara Barton on May 21, 1881, the American Red Cross has been dedicated to serving people in need. We received our first congressional charter in 1900 and to this day we are tasked by the federal government with providing services to members of the American armed forces and their families as well as providing disaster relief in the United States and around the world.
Today, as throughout our long history, the Red Cross depends on generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
Main St.Ottumwa, IA 52501
July 25, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Counseling
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training