Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
The Technology Coach, as part of the Service Desk team, supports the JAARS campus providing consulting/training in business solutions for individuals & departments.
- First line of contact providing users individuals & departments consulting/training in business solutions
- Serves as a key person in our Paper to Digital effort
- Works primarily with non-enterprise systems but may be assigned larger projects as well
- Promotes collaboration and helps develop a standard set of technology tools
- Keeps informed about and tests new technology tools
- Serves as a subject matter expert with multiple tools
- Learns about the many services JAARS offers
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Innovative; enjoys exploring and applying new technology tools
- Continual learner who looks for opportunities to automate processes and tasks and to improve effectiveness
- Enjoys patiently coaching and helping people learn to effectively utilize digital tools with excellent verbal and written communication skills both in person and remotely
- Works well as part of a team; collaborative
- Minimum of 4 years working in technology field, Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent experience
- Familiar with: G Suite, Collaboration tools, Video communication tools: Zoom, Hangouts, etc.
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.