Finance & Accounting Volunteer
A Free Bird
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and much more!
This role consists of assisting the Finance Manager with all billing responsibilities. Specifically, you will assess department funding needs to build forecasts for quarterly and annual budgets. It is expected that you track and record the status of all organizational contributions and spending in a timely manner. By understanding every aspect of A Free Bird’s operations, you will analyze the activity of each department to achieve optimal resource allocation. It will also be critical to document and update all nonprofit operational billing standards.
- Work directly with the Business and Operations department on building quarterly and annual budgets.
- Monitor the drafting and finalization of bills, accuracy of billing and payment information, and invoice maintenance.
- Communicate across all departments to maintain monthly statements and balances.
- Prepare monthly billing statements for the entire organization.
- Identify and resolve invoice disputes and errors.
- 1-2+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Experience applying general rules to specific problems and recommending actionable solutions
- Bookkeeping experience with exquisite attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to adjust to changing work conditions and effectively multitask.
- Has worked both collaboratively with other team members and individually.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications.
Internships require a commitment of at least 2 days a week, 4 hours each day.
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and its severity, the organization has committed to working remotely. We care about our interns/volunteers’ health and we will adapt to the new working environment accordingly.
Proper at-home working capabilities include laptop, smartphone, and connection to WiFi/internet. Must be available to have a phone/video conversation at least once per week.
Please provide either a brief description of your relevant professional experience or your LinkedIn profile.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passion. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.