Finance & Accounting Volunteer
A Free Bird
As a Finance advisor, your main responsibility will be to offer advice and guidance based on professional knowledge and experience on matters relevant to the department.
- Advising courses of action and providing professional insight on various Finance queries relevant to AFB on an on-call basis.
- Monitoring, reviewing, and updating all Finance policies and ensuring these are in line with the current industry trends.
- Provide financial planning support
- Supply professional contacts to support organizational financial goals.
- Provide professional advice on prepared financial plans and check their accuracy.
- Maintain awareness of the latest legislative changes that may affect financial planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the Finance field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Google suite, specifically Google Hangouts, Google Calendar, and Gmail.
- Availability to support the Finance department on an ad-hoc basis for at least 4 months.
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and its severity, the organization has committed to working remotely. We care about our interns/volunteers’ health and we will adapt to the new working environment accordingly.
Proper at-home working capabilities include a laptop, smartphone, and connection to WiFi/internet. Must be available to have a phone/video conversation at least once per week.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a start-up non-profit organization dedicated to fighting childhood cancer through art and music therapy. We provide children aged 6 -18, who are diagnosed with cancer, the chance to pursue their passion for the arts.
We believe that the strength and healing powers of the arts are the best therapy!
A Free Bird supports children diagnosed with cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, creative writing, graphic design, singing, and any other artistic passions that they may have.
A Free Bird addresses the needs of both children currently fighting cancer and of recovering children through two main programs Dream, FIGHT FREE and FREE.