Marketing and Communications Volunteer
A Free Bird
As a Marketing and Communications volunteer, you will directly support the Programs and Fundraising departments through the development of digital strategies, project management, and building relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Maintain professional relationships with donors and sponsors
- Lead and develop outreach campaign strategies to ensure a consistent brand image.
- Manage daily projects of digital and traditional campaigns, as well as develop strategy, analytics, and logistics
- Manage timelines for eAppeals, campaigns, and optimizations (such as donor pages, homepage, and confirmations)
- Ensure organizational messaging and brand profile are consistent across all marketing channels
- Monitor and share trends happening in the nonprofit space to inform the Marketing Strategy
- Brainstorm creative and innovative ways to engage with stakeholders and prospects
- 1-2+ years experience in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Drive applications
- Creativity in tapping and cultivating mainstream media and social networking communities
- Positive, energetic, and proactive multitasker who can work independently or collaboratively
- Strong listener, with a high degree of professionalism and flexibility, including the ability to prioritize and effectively manage assignments in a timely fashion
*Internships are unpaid and for credit only. If you are not receiving college credit for this internship you will not be eligible.
This position requires a three month commitment and at least 5 - 10 hours per week.
Due to COVID-19, we are 100% remote.
Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.
Please provide either a brief description of your relevant professional experience or your LinkedIn profile.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passion. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.