Dallas Pets Alive!
To be considered, please be sure to also complete our volunteer application at https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Reports to: Development Director
Works with: Development Director, Executive Director, and Marketing Manager
Note: This position requires an interview as part of the application process
- Manage email strategies and campaign execution while monitoring and improving upon deliverability, open rates, click-through rates, and other metrics
- Create and implement strategic marketing automation workflows that influence target audiences with tone, messaging, and branding
- Analyze results from A / B testing, email data, and trends
- Develop strategy for segmenting customer data efficiently and strategically Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- Microsoft Excel / Word / Powerpoint/Google software / Gmail
- Experience with Mailchimp, Constant Contact, or similar email program
- Experience with HTML and / or WordPress
- Familiarity or experience working with design programs is a plus
- Experience in direction or creating email design
- Copywriting and editing experie nce
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
- Able to operate independently and yet demonstrate strong team / collaboration skills
- Is detail-oriented, possesses good follow-up skills, and is able to manage tight deadlines
- Takes a proactive approach and is not afraid to ask questions or offer suggestions
- Is committed to seeking new ideas, monitoring industry trends, and recommending best practices to help innovate our email campaigns
Time Commitment: 5-7 hours per week, average over month
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in Dallas after studying the best practices of other cities (most notably Austin, Texas). We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we do not duplicate work of other agencies. We focus solely on the pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.