Give the gift of time. Blood Donor Ambassador - Auburn
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation.
- Greet blood donors
- Check potential donor temperatures
- Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution and watched for possible adverse physical reactions
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas
- May make reminder calls or reschedule donor appointments
- Please note: Drives (and volunteer needs) are mostly during business hours on weekdays.
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
- Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App.
- On-boarding with the American Red Cross Biomedical Dept.
- Donor Ambassador Training
- Must be able to commit to at least 3 months of service
- A consistent minimum of 6 hours per month
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the American Red Cross!
About American Red Cross - Alabama Mississippi Region
700 Caldwell Trace, Birmingham, AL 35242, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Lee County AreaAuburn, AL 36801
October 21, 2021
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training