DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Love working with youth? Become a Red Cross Club Coordinator!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross Central California Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Red Cross Club Coordinator
A Red Cross Club Coordinator supports National Youth Strategy goals and objectives to educate and engage youth in all aspects of the Red Cross mission. A club coordinator supports the 5 pillars of the National Youth Strategy (Learning, Blood Donors, Fundraising, International Humanitarian Law and Social Engagement) and regional youth engagement priorities.
- Meet with Red Cross Club officers and Club Adviser/Sponsor at beginning of school year.
- Be available to attend Club meetings as necessary or requested by Club leaders, or arrange for attendance by other chapter leadership.
- Be available to attend Club events/activities and fundraisers as necessary or requested by Club leaders, or arrange for attendance by other chapter leadership.
- Assist the Red Cross Club officers with Club registration/renewal process, including ensuring the Club Constitution is approved and submitted.
- Provide Club with guidance and resources to be successful.
- Provide Club with Brand Guidelines and style guidelines and provide guidance about the use of the brand.
- Integrate Club members into the activities of the local Red Cross unit.
- Provide Club members with volunteer opportunities through multiple lines of service.
- Create and maintain an environment where youth feel empowered to lead and mobilize peers in community service projects addressing local and global issues.
- Provide recognition opportunities for youth and young adult volunteers throughout the year.
* Experience working with and leading youth and young adults
* Leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations
* Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
* Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service, specifically youth and young adult volunteer opportunities
* Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
* Works well individually and with others
* Ability to work with and utilize Volunteer Connection database
* Exceptional people skills to understand and meet the needs of a diverse audience
* Team building, and succession planning skills to build youth program continuity
* Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partner as well as board members, senior management, and other volunteers as needed
* Understanding the value of youth and young adult volunteers and providing leadership and support to ensure youth and young adult volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience * Strong program management skills
Ready to Make a Difference? Here's How to Get Started!
- Go to redcross.org/volunteer to complete our online application. It takes less than 10 minutes!
- A member of our team will get in touch. Taking the time for a personal conversation enables us to match you with a role that will be both meaningful and enjoyable.
- We’ll provide all necessary training to ensure you can be successful in your volunteer role.
50 More opportunities with American Red Cross Central California Region6 Reviews
About American Red Cross Central California Region
1300 W. Shaw Ave., Ste. 4B, Fresno, CA 93711, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Types of volunteer opportunities may include:
Boots on the Ground -- Your role could be to respond to home fires and other emergencies in your community, conduct in-home smoke alarm installations, or working in a wildfire shelter providing safe accommodations.
Instructor/Presenter positions to deliver education programs focused on preparedness, disasters and how to "Be Red Cross Ready" to adults and youth.
Working behind the Scenes positions include Keep the Red Cross Running -- Your role could be administrative/office support, scheduling shifts for your fellow volunteers, or logistics management to ensure disaster relief operations have the necessary supplies and equipment.
Lead the Way -- "Leadership" volunteers guide our efforts, inspire our volunteers and hold us accountable to the highest standards. Your role could be to lead a small team of fellow volunteers, act as an advisor to a Red Cross Club for youth, or support local Red Cross services by joining an advisory board or the Board of Directors.
Tell the Red Cross Story -- Communications & Outreach volunteers educate the public about Red Cross services and stories in your community. By getting our message out, you'll educate people in need about how we can help, while attracting volunteers and donors to the mission.
You can make a difference today at by becoming a volunteer at redcross.org/volunteer
2707 State StreetSanta Barbara, CA 93105
May 21, 2023
- Youth Services
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
- Child Development
- Safety & Disaster Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week or 8-10 hours per month, flexible scheduling, six month commitment