Virtual Bible Study
Hungry Souls Ministry
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
Kids are not taught about the Bible. Not only is the Bible food for the spirit, it is essential to understand references. If you have a passion to help children and adults learn about the Word of God, this opportunity may be for you.
It is a problem I see everywhere. i was tutoring a 6th grader by having her read O'Henry...a classic. A reference to Solomon, the Magi, and the Queen of Sheba went right over her head. She had never heard of any of them. She said she had a little Bible, but she never read it. I find this with all the students I tutor. They know Greek, Egyptian and Roman mythology, but have no idea what is in the Bible.
Can we start a Bible Study for children? Now that many are home or at least know how to use Zoom, we can provide classes during the week and/or on weekends. These classes will, I hope, give children a general overview of the Bible while wakening their spirits. Hopefully they will be able to interact with other children and have fun while learning. Parents will also be welcome and encouraged to attend with their children.
To do this we need some volunteers. Children and adults are welcome to help out.
1. To pray
2. To research and ask around to find teachers, curriculum, fun videos, or anything that might engage a child's attention that do not cost a whole lot.
3. To organize the zoom meetings--times and time zones
4. To advertise so kids and parents will know that these are going on
5. Maybe to raise money so that we can advertise on Youtube kids, purchase curriculum, or whatever we are led.
6. To pray for the children and their needs and teach them to pray for themselves and one another.
About Hungry Souls Ministry
868 W. Loop Dr., Camarillo, CA 93010, US
We got our unique name from one of the original founders. She had just lost her job, and we had been volunteering that day visiting patients and singing for a nursing home. We were sitting down for a dinner together at her house. As one of our group heated the food, we started to discuss the name of the new organization. She yelled it out with great gusto. We all cracked up, and that was the start of The Hungry Souls Ministry!
The Hungry Souls Ministry is a non-profit organization that helps find and train volunteers. These often include those with physical or emotional handicaps, the jobless, homebound volunteers, children or adults who need hours for school or for the court system, or groups who want to serve repeatedly, or one time only.
Additionally, The Hungry Soul's Ministry oversees the following ministries:
- Partners with churches to help poor families in third world countries to start businesses that will support their families. Already food carts have been bought and are being used in some cities in Peru. It is hoped this ministry will expand.
- Help children who grow up fatherless to be partnered with Christian men who can disciple them.
- Inner healing ministry called Oasis, based in Camarillo, CA provides One-to-one prayer ministry and workshops.
- Free health fairs offered to organizations within certain zip codes.
- Offers classes on spirituality free to churches to help congregations grow in spiritual maturity so they can take their God-given place in the body of Christ and be able to live free of fear, serving Jesus with joy.
- Offers to help churches form groups such as spiritual growth groups, prayer and study groups, or Theophostic groups, as groups are one of the elements recommended for spiritual maturity.
- Has provided a prayer and lending library full of spiritual resources, but is currently looking for another location.
- Helps individuals and organizations to find volunteers for their organization.
- Is in the process of putting up an informational spiritual website with a forum so members can help one another.
Board members include:
Guillermo Romero - Peru Ministry
Virginia Norris - Volunteers and Spirituality
Shirley Quon - Oasis Inner Healing
Steve Quon - Oasis Inner Healing
Tim Fish - Fathering the Fatherless
If God is calling you to take your place in this ministry, you would like a health fair, workshop or other help, or you have a ministry of your own on our heart and would like volunteers, prayers or support, please call Virginia at 805-443-5186.
You are loved by God. May He bless you richly.