Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We got our unique name from one of the original founders. She had just lost her job, and we had been volunteering that day visiting patients and singing for a nursing home. We were sitting down for a dinner together at her house. As one of our group heated the food, we started to discuss the name of the new organization. She yelled it out with great gusto. We all cracked up, and that was the start of The Hungry Souls Ministry!
The Hungry Souls Ministry is a non-profit organization that helps find and train volunteers. These often include those with physical or emotional handicaps, the jobless, homebound volunteers, children or adults who need hours for school or for the court system, or groups who want to serve repeatedly, or one time only.
Additionally, The Hungry Soul's Ministry oversees the following ministries:
- Partners with churches to help poor families in third world countries to start businesses that will support their families. Already food carts have been bought and are being used in some cities in Peru. It is hoped this ministry will expand.
- Help children who grow up fatherless to be partnered with Christian men who can disciple them.
- Inner healing ministry called Oasis, based in Camarillo, CA provides One-to-one prayer ministry and workshops.
- Free health fairs offered to organizations within certain zip codes.
- Offers classes on spirituality free to churches to help congregations grow in spiritual maturity so they can take their God-given place in the body of Christ and be able to live free of fear, serving Jesus with joy.
- Offers to help churches form groups such as spiritual growth groups, prayer and study groups, or Theophostic groups, as groups are one of the elements recommended for spiritual maturity.
- Has provided a prayer and lending library full of spiritual resources, but is currently looking for another location.
- Helps individuals and organizations to find volunteers for their organization.
- Is in the process of putting up an informational spiritual website with a forum so members can help one another.
Board members include:
Guillermo Romero - Peru Ministry
Virginia Norris - Volunteers and Spirituality
Shirley Quon - Oasis Inner Healing
Steve Quon - Oasis Inner Healing
Tim Fish - Fathering the Fatherless
If God is calling you to take your place in this ministry, you would like a health fair, workshop or other help, or you have a ministry of your own on our heart and would like volunteers, prayers or support, please call Virginia at 805-443-5186.
You are loved by God. May He bless you richly.