4 people are interested
ALERT!! Disaster MENTAL Relief - Health Professionals Psychologist, MFT, Psychiatrist, LMSW NEEDED!
4 people are interested
Disaster Mental Health Associates respond to the psychosocial needs of people affected by a disaster, including Red Cross disaster workers, across the continuum of disaster preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Willingness to support Red Cross Mission
- Identifying mental health needs through individual psychological triage and mental health surveillance.
- Promoting resilience and coping, including enhanced psychological first aid (EPFA), individual psychoeducation, community-level support, and community resilience training.
- Providing targeted disaster mental health interventions, including secondary assessment and
- referrals, crisis intervention, casualty support, and advocacy.
Flexible. Volunteers can work locally to respond to the needs of victims affected in local house fires, can participate in local preparations and exercises, and can deploy to help with local or national disasters.
- Must be an either: a current school psychologist, a current school counselor, a current psychiatric nurse, or a licensed mental health professional--hold a current, unencumbered license from, or is registered with, any U.S. state or territory as a social worker, psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or psychiatrist (any level license/registration, including non-clinical licenses such as Licensed Masters Social Worker or LMSW).
- Collaborative, assertive, and flexible working style.
- Ability to participate and contribute in regular meetings.
- Demonstrates the ability to engage in constructive and proactive problem-solving.
- Knowledge of Disaster Mental Health activity guidance.
Training: We provide all the training!
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
10600 N Trademark, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting lifesaving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
October 5, 2021
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment varies based on availability. Responses may be completed in less than an hour or take as long as three to four hours.
- All the training is done virtually, you do not need to leave the luxury from your home. TURN COMPASSION INTO ACTION!