West Tempe Cat Adoption Center Lead Needed
Saving One Life
At Saving One Life Animal Rescue and Sanctuary, we are in need of two adoption center leads at our West Tempe location. Our adoption center is located inside PetSmart (Elliot and Priest). have a variety of volunteer opportunities:
We ask that leads volunteer once per week. The majority of your time you will focus your time on the following tasks that all adoption center volunteers complete during their shift ideally:
- light cleaning of each kennel
- refreshing the food and water in each kennel
- cleaning the litter boxes
- spending time playing and petting the kitties there
- On occasion, a potential adopter may come by to answer questions or meet an animal. Anything you cannot answer can be directed towards the rescue director.
- All adoptions are handled by the director therefore a volunteer never has to tell a potential adopter no.
In addition, as a center lead, you would:
- Monitor supplies and put in request as needed
- Ensure microchip is functioning and charged
- Ensure all documentation and kennel cards are located in appropriate location. Notify leadership if anything is missing.
- Assist in Laundry (approximately a load a week, if that).
- Assist with donations (typically wet or dry food by kind shopper)
- Communicate directly with Director of Volunteer Coordination and Director of Center Operations as needed.
- Optional: Send weekly emails (one to two paragraphs) to center volunteers with updates (e.g. Who got adopted. Any new cats checked in? New beds?)
- Answer questions that new volunteers may have about your particular center
Training and support are provided for all volunteers. Leads are communicated with weekly.
To apply to volunteer, please complete our online application at http://www.savingonelife.org/get-involved/volunteer-application/
If interested in becoming the center lead as well, please contact centeroperations @savingonelife.org.
About Saving One Life
PO Box 6458, Chandler, AZ 85246, US
At Saving One Life Cat Rescue and Sanctuary, our mission is: To provide shelter and medical care to stray, abandoned, and surrendered animals for the purpose of finding permanent adoptive homes who are at great risk for euthanasia. To participate in the greater community’s effort to reduce overpopulation by providing TNR (Trap-Neuter-Release) opportunities. To provide a permanent and loving sanctuary to felines who many not thrive in a normal home environment. To provide education regarding the need to spay and neuter pets, vaccinate yearly and other responsibilities related to being a pet parent.
Who We Serve:
Animals within Arizona, primarily from Maricopa County who are brought into SOL from the ASH and / or MCACC-East Euthanasia List
- No kill unless recommended by vet to end suffering
- Uphold adoption standards
- indoor only unless cat is already outside/indoor cat
- no declawing etc
- Accept owner returns from previous adopters
- Financial responsibility for current rescue cats
- Uphold minimum vet care standards for all animals unless unable to for animal’s health
- Prior to adoption
- sufficient quarantine period
- micro chipped