Ten-Four, Red Cross is looking for Amateur Radio Operators
American Red Cross of Southeastern PA
AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT SOUTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA!!
Calling all amateur radio operators! The American Red Cross Southeast PA (SEPA) Region needs you, your expertise and your unique set of skills. Join our volunteer team today!
- Facilitate communication among licensed amateur radio operators and Red Cross staff who support them.
- Assist with radio communication within the Red Cross and between the Red Cross and our partners during training sessions, drills/exercises, and emergency operations.
- Provide mentorship to interested Red Cross staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate with local amateur radio groups, ARES/RACES groups, VOAD organizations, and other government and NGO partners.
- Hold an active FCC amateur radio license
- Successful completion of American Red Cross volunteer application
- Basic introductory Red Cross training
- Classes relevant to sites in which you will be working and additional offered classes
- One-year minimum commitment.
CONTACT Volunteer Manager Bill Bianco (AB3PU) Bill.Bianco@RedCross.org
About American Red Cross of Southeastern PA
2221 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the POWER OF VOLUNTEERS and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities -- including:
Over 90% of what we do is done and led by amazing Red Cross Volunteers! Join our team. Meet new friends. Learn new skills. Help where and when it is needed most. All based on your interests and availability.
- Biomedical/Blood Services as an Screener, Ambassador or Driver
- Disaster Cycle Services as a Responder (locally and/or nationally) or Recovery Caseworker
- Emergency Preparedness as a Smoke Alarm Installer or Youth Educator
- Community Outreach
- Volunteer Services
- Service to the Armed Forces