14 people are interested
Head of Organisational Development (Remote)
14 people are interested
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
ADC’s purpose is to enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation and improve lives in Africa.
At ADC we encourage a working culture of seeking and giving input, showing, and taking initiative and commitment to the organisation and its purpose.
About the role:
Reporting to the Director of People and Culture and a member of the HR leadership team for ADC, this is an exciting opportunity for a strategic organisational effectiveness professional to play a critical role in shaping a non profit organisation during a critical period of growth.
Main Duties and Objectives:
Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Act as the steward for ADC’s operating model ensuring recruitment, job titling and departmental changes are in line with organisational strategy
- Effectively support the leadership team to solve any organisation structural challenges, making recommendations as ADC transitions from 100% volunteer to hybrid volunteer and paid consultant model is implemented
- Design and provide direction for the maintenance of the systems and processes that will be used for future OD related projects (from job creation to organisational changes)
- Assist in role profiling tasks, analysing capability requirements and provide guidance on job descriptions
- Work closely with L&D to ensure career mapping, competency frameworks, career pathways align to vision
- Position Management. Keeps Org charts updated with filled and vacancy positions
- Workforce Planning. Provides support to Heads of Function in establishing recruitment priorities
- Significant Organisational Design or Operating Model experience
- Experience in social enterprise or non-profit environment
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Available to volunteer at least 7 hours a week
What ADC offers you:
This is a volunteer, remote and unpaid position with the following benefits:
- Professional learning and career development opportunities.
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within your profession.
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse team representing different parts of the world, that is changing lives in Africa.
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise.
- We will provide work reference for you.
Here at African Development Choices, we celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our teams are made up of people from all over the world and we welcome all applications. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition, and you require any reasonable adjustments for your application with us, please let us know by contacting us.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
To prevent or relieve poverty in rural Africa by empowering communities and leaders to better manage public resources so that they can invest in expansion of access to essential public services and meet their local needs independently. We achieve this using our innovative Three-Step Approach.
African Development Choices is a UK-based social enterprise, founded in 2018 by Kenyan-born Moses Tai. Our vision is of a world in which everyone has access to the essential services necessary to fight poverty.
It is our mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources. This will enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 7, 2021
- Human Resources Strategy
- Organization Design
- Human Resources Diversity
- Strategic Planning
- Professional Development
- At least 7 hours a week