Facebook - Historical Content Launch Preparation
Urban Development Corporation
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Urban Development Corporation (UDC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for low to moderate income families who live in Detroit.
At present, UDC has no Facebook presence although we've established a page. We are seeking a volunteer with a strong marketing background in social media and good writing skills to help us establish historical content that will be used in the launching of our page. Ideal volunteer should have availability over the next 3 months with experience in content management a plus.
Please only respond to UDC's need if you really have the time to commit to helping.
About Urban Development Corporation
2727 Second Avenue, Suite 129, Detroit, MI 48201, US
Improve the quality of life and bring about positive life-style changing experiences of low to moderate income families who live in urban communities. In carrying out our mission Urban Development Corporation serves as a catalyst in the revitalization of communities through the development of activities and programs which promote clean, drug-free, healthy, safe and enjoyable family lifestyles.
The uniqueness of our organization is our willingness to address counter productive behaviors which plague many urban communities, they include: random gunshot firing, slum lording, illegal dumping, liquor stores on nearly every corner, vandalism, and the selling of illicit drugs. These activities are major contributing factors to the rapid deterioration of inner city neighborhoods and lead to a large number of eyesore houses having to be torn down.
Our efforts are currently concentrated in the following areas:
- Beautification and clean-up of inner city neighborhoods.
- Substance abuse awareness and prevention.
- Broadening the horizon of inner city youth through exposure to future career opportunities, the fine arts, and recreational activities.
- Acquisition and renovation of deteriorating properties.
- Unemployment and underemployment.
- Addressing environmental pollution concerns and issues.
- Serving as a liaison between residents, businesses; local police and municipalities to alleviate illegal activity.
- Rehab of our donated building which will be utilized as a community/employment center.