Director of Marketing and Communication
If you are interested in having a major impact on inequality and suffering in the world, ROCKBlue is offering an opportunity to use your experience and heart to make a difference. ROCKBlue is an international non-profit with a mission to provide water and sanitation to over 1 billion of the world’s poor that currently lack these basic, life giving, essentials. Founded in 2013 and a registered charity in the US and South Africa, ROCKBlue is currently in five countries, working with 18 towns/cities that provide water and sanitation to over 5 million people. You can find out more about us on our website . If interested, please send a letter indicating your availability and interest as well as your resume/CV to email@example.com
Director of Marketing and Communication. ROCKBlue has an immediate opening for a volunteer digital marketing specialist to serve in the role of Director of Marketing and Communication. This person will be working remotely/virtually and will have access to assistants as needed.
Broadly, the individual should have demonstrated skill and dedication in a similar role on past assignments. English fluency (verbal/written) is required. This is a part-time position (approximately 3 days/week) with an initial period of 2 months to determine if it works for both ROCKBlue and the candidate. If it appears to be a positive working relationship then the assignment would be continued indefinitely. Due to working with senior management, there is opportunity for advancement including the possibility of this becoming a paid position, and a full time role. The work and Director position will look favorably on one’s resume. You will be working with the following software:
- Adobe InDesign
- Premier Rush
You will also learn management software tools such as Trello, Clockify, Slack, G-Suite/Google Drive, etc. This is an exciting position as it will avail the candidate to both senior level management as well as the humanitarian work that we do and with our partners from all over the world. The scope of work includes:Responsibilities
- Overall leadership and strategic planning for ROCKBlue’s marketing and communication
- Regular updates to Marketing and Communication Strategy
- Assist revenue generation team by providing needed graphics and videos
- Prepare digital ROCKBlue newsletter to distribute via MailChimp and on website
- Assist with marketing and communication of ROCKBlue’s Online Lecture Series (OLS)
- Monitor key online marketing metrics to track success
- Ensure that the ROCKBlue brand message is consistent
- Provide basic website updates, and for detailed updates provide guidance to our web designer
- Blog productions on website, and postings on Facebook + LinkedIn
- Tracking marketing & communications
- Video editing as needed (e.g., for OLS and fundraising)
- 2+ years of experience in digital marketing including use of WordPress
- Experience assisting with social media campaigns
- Knowledge of video and picture editing software such as Adobe InDesign and Premier Rush
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Incredible attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Full understanding of all social media platforms
601 Foothill Road, Ojai, CA 93023, US
The core purpose of ROCKBlue is to improve the lives of the urban poor in the developing world by supplying water and sanitation for all. ROCKBlue partners with the water and sanitation utilities that supply the basic amenities of water and sanitation to the urban poor. We empower our partner utilities by being a connector and service provider. The result of these partnerships are healthier cities that support the well-being of the local communities and economy thus improving lives.
ROCKBlue aims to solve the growing gap between reliable water supply and accelerating urban demand. We are a nonprofit that leverages a large network of highly experienced specialists. ROCKBlue focuses on strengthening the ability of water and sanitation utilities to provide these services to the poorest in cities and towns across the developing world.
ROCKBlue accomplishes this mission through respectful and mutually beneficial partnerships with both public utilities in the developing world and with the international donors and lenders supporting these utilities.