Water Safety Instructor
Target Staff Type : Volunteer or
Supported: a staff person who raises their own financial support
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote
We need water safety instructors for an ever growing demand for training to enable safe water travel both overseas and here on the JAARS campus in Waxhaw, NC.
- Establish the level of training needed through successful people interactions to understand their water and boat skill levels
- Equip and instruct in which water safety gear to carry
- Instruct how to perform safe water operations in remote and difficult places
- Discuss the types of risk encountered and methods for sound decisions on whether to travel or not, due to weather and other conditions
- Enable trainees to gain confidence, obtain skills successfully and make right safety decisions
- Train both at JAARS and in locations overseas
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Experience on various types of water engaged in swimming, free diving, SCUBA diving or lifesaving
- Operation of various types of boats and/or other watersports activities may be considered
- Obtain or maintain certifications such as first aid, CPR; local, state or federal boat operation courses
- Participated in college-level programs related to water/marine study, research, boat operations or law enforcement, including environmental law desired
- Knowledge of what is required to equip persons and small boats for safe water travel
- Alternative to above, may be two years of experience teaching water safety
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.