Senior Friendship Centers, Inc.
- Things they WILL do:
- Minor plumbing: faucet leaks, showerheads, sink drains, toilet tank hardware, etc.
- Minor electrical: switches, rewire lamps, frayed cords, door bells, etc.
- Minor carpentry: shelves, door jams, cupboard doors, etc.
- Miscellaneous: install smoke alarms, broken window cranks, repair wheelchairs, install grab bars, etc.
- Things they will NOT do:
- Large appliance/electronic repair including but not limited to air conditioners, refrigerators, TVs, computers, and microwaves.
- Wheelchair ramp installation
- Major house repairs
- Large appliance/electronic repairs such as air conditioners, heating systems, refrigerators. Hot water heater installation/repair.
- Dry wall replacement. (John may do minor drywall repairs like mending small holes)
- Cabinet or sink installations.
- Large or complex electrical work/repairs
- Large carpentry jobs: Wheelchair ramp installation, deck replacement.
About Senior Friendship Centers, Inc.
1888 Brother Geenen Way, Sarasota, FL 34236, US
Realizing that in helping others we help ourselves, Senior Friendship Centers' staff, volunteers and participants form a family of "People Helping People". As a non-profit charitable organization, we dedicate ourselves to helping older adults live with dignity and respect by providing services which address their needs, including: Remaining independent; Preventing premature institutionalization; Relieving isolation and loneliness; Improving quality of life and health for seniors.
Senior Friendship Centers, Inc., is a non-profit, non-sectarian charitable corporation servicing the vital needs of older persons, addressing the concerns of loneliness, health and isolation for the elderly. With it's motto of "People Helping People" the agency relies strongly on volunteer effort to supplement the work of paid staff. Founded by Brother William Geenen in Sarasota, Florida on September 1, 1973, Senior Friendship Centers Inc., offers the elderly dignity, independence and peace of mind. The continuum of care allows individuals to be involved in helping others while receiving needed support. Senior Friendship Centers, Inc., serves people regardless or race, creed or economic status.