HR Specialist - DEI (Diversity, Equality and Inclusion)
RANDOM ACTS INC
HR Specialist - DEI
The HR Specialist - DEI supports the coordination and implementation of events, activities, and training
in support of embedding diversity, inclusion and cultural competency into the organization’s day-to-day
operations, including training, hiring, retention, marketing, charitable activities, and education.
- Under the direction of the HR Manager and Assistant HR Manager - DEI, develop and implement Diversity & Inclusion initiatives organization-wide.
- Active participation in the D&I Committee to promote diversity & inclusion within the organization (mentoring initiatives, inclusion-focused training, heritage month celebrations, diversity speaker series, etc.)
- Instruction/facilitation, and curriculum development of culture, diversity, equity, inclusion
- (DEI) education programs designed to enhance knowledge and skills regarding multicultural competency and inclusion.
- Consults with the Talent Acquisition team to create and promote talent pipelines and hiring processes that engage diverse and under-represented groups to ensure the selection of qualified candidates that influence innovation and diverse perspectives.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Social Media, and Writing departments to ensure inclusive language and tone within internal communication, newsletter, social media, website, and other publications.
- Monitor progress made on the diversity goals by utilizing metrics, survey feedback, hiring and attrition statistics.
- Reviews and updates policies, practices and standards to support and drive culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion across the organization.
- Propose and implement inclusive strategies to reward and recognize team members as well as mobilize the Leadership Team to provide feedback and support
- Moderates one or more affinity/Employee Resource Groups or inclusion programs.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 1-2 years of Diversity & Inclusion experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of human resources management and employment law, including but not limited to EEO provisions.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality, professionalism, attention to detail, and customer service
- Bachelor's degree or professional HR designation preferred
About RANDOM ACTS INC
1920 HILLHURST AVE 170, LOS ANGELES, CA 90027, US
At Random Acts, it’s our mission to conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time. We are here to inspire acts of kindness around the world both big and small. We provide a vast network of caring people with the encouragement and support they need to change lives for the better.
Random Acts inspires many amazing things around the world every day - from small acts of kindness, such as inspiring someone to buy a stranger a cup of coffee, to much bigger acts of kindness like building a school in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
All of these acts of kindness contribute to a bigger story, a message that Random Acts embodies and promotes - that you too can conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time.