Graphic Design Volunteer
CROSSING PARTY LINES INC
Reports to: Rob Schlapfer, Lead Marketing Volunteer
Crossing Party Lines (CPL) is looking for a talented individual to develop digital assets to illustrate event announcements for the CPL national meetup events. This position will give individuals a chance to be part of getting people talking and working together across political differences.
You can find examples of graphics we’ve created for past events on our Meetup website :
All work will be conducted remotely.
- Develop topic-specific graphics to build excitement about our weekly conversations
- Be an active member of the Topic Development team and be willing to attend meetings when necessary
- Communicate regularly with the Topic Development Team
- Amateur or professional graphic designer
- Proficient with graphic design software
- Access to the necessary software
- Passionate about the mission of Crossing Party Lines
Why Join the Crossing Party Lines Team?
By volunteering in the early stages of our organization, you'll be in a position to shape the direction of this important, fast-growing nonprofit. We'll listen to your ideas, encourage you to grow in your career, and give you as much responsibility as you want and are ready for. We understand there is a lot going on in the world right now and are willing to work around your schedule as much as possible.
For Students: We are willing to work with you to receive internship credit if desired.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested!
4-5 hours a week
min 3 months
About CROSSING PARTY LINES INC
57 W 57TH ST 4TH FL, NEW YORK, NY 10019, US
The Crossing Party Lines mission is to create open dialogue between Americans with dissimilar ideologies in order to increase tolerance, build communities and encourage civic engagement. We serve all Americans, regardless of socioeconomic status / ethnicity / politics / age / gender / religion.
Crossing Party Lines (CPL) provides opportunities, training, and support for civil, respectful discourse between Americans with dissimilar ideologies. Our primary offering is the CPL meetup: regularly scheduled, facilitated meetings to which all are welcome. At our meetups, attendees discuss current hot topics while facilitators focus the meetings to teach and model skills and create a safe space for members to:
In 2016, two groups named "Crossing Party Lines" started independently of one another on opposite ends of the country, only a few months apart. They joined forces to bring civil, respectful conversation to the rest of the country.
- Be heard by and listened to by people with different political views.
- Express views without negative repercussions.
- Learn from one another through active listening.
- Develop curiosity about perspectives that may be new and unfamiliar to them.
- Find connection with members who espouse different views.
- Develop skills required for civil, respectful discourse.