1 person is interested
Social Media Committee
ORGANIZATION: PROJECT GRADUATION-CANYON DEL ORO HIGH SCHOOL
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
This committee gets the word out and interacts with the community to get people engaging with our organization.
What is needed for this position?
- Utilizing Google drive, calendar, & gmail
- Facebook: Do fun posts about current theme/about PG, create events, trying to attract new followers, and promote our needs & donors!
- Twitter, Instagram, snapchat, etc.
- Create Snapchat filter for the day of the event
This position is to utilize and maximize our exposure on social media platforms! Your job is to get people talking about us, interacting with us, and most of all volunteering, participating in events/fundraisers, and donating to us. You will get them excited about what we do and caring about our organization.
Three meetings a year that are mandatory for this position:
- August - First meeting of year, we talk about the theme, it’s our Open house to recruit new volunteers, and we give the approved budget information.
- January - The new year we get together to ensure we are all on the same page, know what to expect at the event and ensure everyone is still on board. Several committee’s present their final ideas for the event it is great to have feed back.
- April - This meeting we are getting all the event details completed, we get our Green books (details about event), our green shirts if working event, parking passes, etc.
To see what we do and who we are: https://youtu.be/ZVHw-AR7CLE
About PROJECT GRADUATION-CANYON DEL ORO HIGH SCHOOL
25 W CALLE CONCORDIA, TUCSON, AZ 85704, US
To keep graduates and the community safe on one of the deadliest nights on the year, graduation night. Giving graduates a safe drug and alcohol-free way to celebrate this life achievement.
Project Graduation is a lock-in event held at three local high schools allowing graduating seniors the opportunity to enjoy an all-night party on campus under the supervision of adults instead of taking to the streets and house parties to celebrate. The concept isn’t an Oro Valley invention by any means but was started locally nearly two decades ago by former council member Mary Snider. Before her stead in Oro Valley, Snider and her family lived in California and experienced the community-wide benefit of hosting students at the high school. "The energy on graduation night can sometimes be fatal and dangerous, so we want to provide them an alternative activity, and for 17 years, it’s been sold out," Snider said. "Kids come and they love it, and now it’s legendary." When Snider moved to town, she knew in her heart the public would benefit from such an initiative-so she brought the idea to Oro Valley Police Department Chief Daniel Sharp. It wasn’t a difficult sell, and the rest is history. "Our most valuable renewable resource is the youth," Sharp said. "The fact that the community sees that and comes out year after year...That’s what makes Oro Valley special; how the community rallies and takes care of our kids."
25 W Calle ConcordiaOro ValleyOro Valley, AZ 85704
January 4, 2023
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Social Media / Blogging
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- This is a year-round position. Promoting PG and keeping us in there minds is first and foremost. It is helpful if you volunteer for more than one season and if you leave to find a replacement volunteer for your position.
- Being energetic, outgoing, and fun is a major part of this position.