Addiction Prevention Advocate
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
22 people are interested
POSITION SUMMARY: Seeking researchers and/or ambassadors to help educate, motivate and influence individual, parent and family behaviors that can lead to addiction and mental health challenges for years to come. Looking for people to champion an approach somewhat, by type of addiction, such as substances, alcohol and behavioral addictions, including sex/pornography, food, social media, video-gaming, gambling, etc. Champions could also represent our organization geographically.
- Motivated students, parents and other volunteers who are passionate about preventing addiction and mental health challenges BEFORE they take hold in peoples' lives.
- Experience in simple research, compilation, and summarization of key points for education and communiation
- Excellent written communication skills
- Dependability and reliability to finish mini-projects or deliverables
- Excellent spoken communication skills are required for certain candidates who could make professional networking contacts and appointments
- Knowledge of the Christian faith is a plus
- Knowledge or experience with social media, websites, blogs or training are a plus
- Knowledge or experience with addiction, mental health issues and youth challenges and temptations are a plus
- If local to Dayton and the greater Miami Valley region, knowledge of the area and relevant organizations is a plus. We would consider an advocate by county - Montgomery, Greene, Miami, Butler, Warren, Clark, etc.
- Research, compile, and summarize for various communication/training uses in our organization, both internally and externally
- Edit and revise as appropriate
- Some simple database entry and maintenance (will train, if necessary)
- Phone contact, networking, potential appointment-setting or sharing of other strategic messages
- Interface with other team members potentially, in social media, marketing, graphic design, etc.
- Will customize the position somewhat, based on the individual candidate, location, interests, skills and experience
About MISSION ADDICTION
5980 Wilmington Pike, Sugarcreek Township, OH 45459, US
1) Provide a lifeline of support, training, resources and aftercare to individuals and loved ones, no matter where they are in their journey. 2) Healing, restoring and transforming people and families, to become the best version of themselves. 3) Grow and train an army of people ready, willing and able, to help those who need and want it. 4) Provide a spiritual family to connect, learn, and grow in faith. (You do not have to be impacted by addiction to participate and you do not have to be a Christian.) 5) Embrace culturally diverse clients and volunteers. We depend upon that variation of thought to contribute to effective services and growth for everyone. Anything is possible when we walk together™
Mission Addiction was founded by a business consultant and faith leader in January, 2017.
Connection & Community in a Spiritual Family
- The "MAP" for Healing and Recovery aftercare program; 50 topics in 30 sessions!
Tuesday Night Christian Support Meeting
- "Quick Church" blog
Navigation and Referral Services
Mentoring / Coaching
Healing & Restoration Prayer
Prayer & Grief Support
Flexible Volunteer Opportunities to fit anyone’s schedule; our program includes the rewards of serving. Don't see a fit on Volunteer Match? Fill out an application and we can probably create something: http://www.mission-addiction.org/get-involved/volunteering/
Prevention Talks - for parents & students