We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Florida Cancer Specialists Foundation has 50 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
17 people are interested
Committee Member-Wine, Women and Shoes Orlando benefiting Florida Cancer Specialists Foundation
ORGANIZATION: Florida Cancer Specialists Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
Wine, Women and Shoes Orlando will be held on Saturday May 21, 2022. The Florida Cancer Specialists Foundation is looking for volunteers to join the planning committee. We need dedicated individuals to solicit auction items and sponsors, coordinate and assemble auction items, and help with logistics including décor and set up. The monthly committee meetings are virtual via Zoom until further notice due to COVID-19.
Some key committee roles include:
* Auction Committee- responsible for gathering and soliciting items from local businesses, creating and tracking lists of items, and setting up auction display.
*Outreach Committee- works with local business and local media to promote the event, puts event on local community calendars, solicits media sponsorships and helps with ticket sales.
*Venue Logistics Committee- assists with seating arrangements, floor plans, menu/food stations, bar/beverages, lighting, and A/V.
*Décor Committee- assists with décor, table settings, place cards, centerpieces, works with vendors day of, as well as both set up and tear down.
***All Committee Members***
* Must attend at least five committee meetings in person or via conference call.
* Responsible for recruiting other committee members to assist in your specific sub-committee.
* Responsible for promoting event/ticket and table sales to friends, family, and business associates.
* Responsible for assisting in soliciting sponsors - local businesses, companies you use for services (personal or professionally), friends with businesses who would like exposure.
* Assist the silent auction committee by soliciting (or donating) at least one silent auction item.
* Must commit to attending the event either as a volunteer or a guest.
- If planning to attend as a guest, must purchase an event ticket (seat)
- If planning to volunteer time to assist with day of event needs (i.e. setup/tear down, registration, auction, raffle sales, etc.), ticket purchase is not necessary and volunteer meal will be provided
- Please note that members/chairs of sub-committees with vital, on-site responsibilities must plan on being available at the event for pre-event setup, during the event and event tear-down
About Florida Cancer Specialists Foundation
5985 Silver Falls Run, Suite 210, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34211, US
The Florida Cancer Specialists (FCS) Foundation provides financial support to qualified adult cancer patients in the state of Florida for expenses such as rent or mortgage, car payments and utility bills. By giving patients peace of mind in knowing that their bills are being paid while they are undergoing treatment, the FCS Foundation allows them to concentrate on what really matters - fighting cancer.
The FCS Foundation is a 501(3)(c) nonprofit organization was founded in 2011 and located at 5204 Paylor Lane in Sarasota, Florida. The FCS Foundation assists cancer patients across the state of Florida. Due to the generosity of the Florida Cancer Specialists partner physicians in covering all overhead expenses for the Foundation, 100% of donations received go directly towards paying the essential non-medical living expenses of an adult battling cancer.
4040 Central Florida PkwyOrlando, FL 32837
April 18, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 21
- Meetings one per month